• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

Not really since it is a volunteer military and pretty much every current soldier signed up with the knowledge there was good chance they would end up over there.

Yep, kind of a gray area.

However at least the military have training and equipment to survive in a hostile environment.  So less stupid than aid workers and journalists.

If you are a soldier, and your government tells you that you're going to the middle east, they are effectively forcing you to go. So yea...

Obviously deciding to be a soldier is your choice, once you sign those papers and make a pledge your ass is the governments grass.

If you have an IQ above 75 then you would know your chances of ending up in the Middle East are very, very high. 

So not really.

My point is that its easy to judge the people over there as stupid but these are the very people who may be able to change the hearts and minds of the every day muslim that just wants to live their lives just like we do.

Edited by mtangelsfan

lol, I would think suggesting that anyone in the middle east who isn't there by force is stupid would be the troll.

The selfishness suggested by so many here is astounding.

And you would be wrong.

MT is your group planning a trip to Syria in the near future?

What is "my group"?  I have two friends in Afghanistan right now.  Another large group of people from my district are in Jordan.  My guess is that they go into Syria at times to give relief but they don't make that public information.

As of now my next trip is Cambodia.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Not really since it is a volunteer military and pretty much every current soldier signed up with the knowledge there was good chance they would end up over there.

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I think it's kind of sad that we just write off those humanitarians as stupid for risking their lives and selfessly helping the suffering. Plus we weren't conducting airstrikes on IS back when she was kidnapped so it wasn't the death sentence that it is now.

Obama helped de-stabilize Egypt and Libya. Bush screwed up big time with Iraq. Both have their hands dirty but W's is a lot worse as of right now.

The middle east has been a shit-hole for thousands of years, so I can hardly blame Bush or Obama for what is going on over there.  They do it mostly to themselves.  

So by your own tactic aren't you a pretty horrible person for never having advocated starting wars anywhere in Africa? China? North Korea? Iran? Russia?

I wouldn't call it "concerning" or assume that you have such a disregard for human life outside of the US because of that. Why do you say that about people who oppose more wars in the eternal hell hole that is the Middle East?

For the record I sometimes wouldn't mind bombing Texas, but that is a whole other thread.   B)

We are in what history will remember as the early stages of the war against Islam.

Whether humanity makes it out of this war is uncertain.

If humanity isn't around who's going to write the history book?  Crab people?

Edited by Rico

It's funny how some people can demand a strict interpretation of the Constitution and consider making public businesses not promote racism a repulsive tyrannical act but then have absolutely no worry in the world when decided which brown people to bomb with my tax money.

I have no problem with supporting humanitarians. I don't think they are stupid nor do I think they deserve to die. I also don't think the Constitution allows federal tax money to go to such cause and I don't support the use of federal dollars in this capacity. You want to take revenge for foreign aid workers who get kidnapped and killed? Great. Start your own organization and fund it with your own money.

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I think it's kind of sad that we just write off those humanitarians as stupid for risking their lives and selfessly helping the suffering. Plus we weren't conducting airstrikes on IS back when she was kidnapped so it wasn't the death sentence that it is now.

The Middle East hasn't been safe well before we bombed ISIS.

It may seem like it sometimes but the entire Middle East isn't unstable. There are countries where it's relatively safe for Americans (you're still with us, right arch?)

There's no question that these humanitarians took a risk by going to Syria. In the case of Kayla, she also helped those suffering in India, Israel, Turkey, etc. Who knows how many lives she saved. To just say that she's stupid sort of undermines the work she did. Anyways now that everyone knows that the risk of death is much greater, the aid workers seem to be steering clear of Syria. It's tragic that those who passed didn't have that knowledge. I'm sure it would have affected their decision on whether to go or not.