• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

If there were a draft, it would make it far easier for leaders to make snap decisions about sending troops all over the world to various hot spots. With a scaled-down military they have to be more selective.

Maybe Mitt Romney was anticipating ISIS when he proposed increasing the military by 100,000 members and giving the military a fixed proportion of tax revenue.

Eisenhower got us involved in Vietnam (or French Indochina, as it was known then). The French had the sense to get out before they were overrun, but we were in our "stop the Commies at all cost" mode so we took their place. Many years, dollars and caskets later, we figured out what the French already knew a couple of decades earlier.

For all the chicken-hawks in this thread that didn't serve in the military yet are very adamant about starting another war: would you send your children over to die fighting ISIS or would ISIS suddenly not seem like a real threat to national security?

A part of me wishes there was a massive draft in this country. It is easy to advocate starting wars with every perceived "threat" in the world when there is a professional military that will do all the dirty work. When your own children start going over and coming back in body bags then people will finally wake up to the USA's atrocious foreign policy.

I'm pretty sure parents can't decide to send their children to war.

if the child chooses to enlist and go fight- for whatever reason, that's a personal choice.

ps i hate the "would you send your kid" argument (if u couldn't tell)

Edited by Lou

I hate that argument, too.

I hope all these people clamoring for war have already enlisted. It'd be a shame if their quest to shoot brown people was slowed at all by the massive lines that would no doubt be formed at all the recruitment offices by all the other pro-war wingbats once war is declared.

For all the chicken-hawks in this thread that didn't serve in the military yet are very adamant about starting another war: would you send your children over to die fighting ISIS or would ISIS suddenly not seem like a real threat to national security?

A part of me wishes there was a massive draft in this country. It is easy to advocate starting wars with every perceived "threat" in the world when there is a professional military that will do all the dirty work. When your own children start going over and coming back in body bags then people will finally wake up to the USA's atrocious foreign policy.

Great question Vladdy. I don't consider myself a "chicken hawk." I am on the fence as to what should be done here. But I would probably be ok with ground troops. So I will put myself into the "hawk" camp for purposes of your question, and answer it as follows:

I would absolutely not send my two sons over to fight ISIS. I'd do anything I could to avoid such a thing, including going to live in, gulp, Canada. That may very well make me a hypocrite on this issue.

That being said, a significant number of our armed forces sign up for exactly this type of fight. They want to fight, they feel it is a worthy fight and one in which they are willing to engage even at their own risk. If these types want to sign up and go fight ISIS, I will not object to contributing in the ways I can (I.e., paying for the fight with taxes).

Not sure where in any of my posts I said I want to go to war. I'm not military strategist so I don't pretend to know exactly how this should be handled. I just don't think ignoring the situation and hoping it all works out is the best course of action. As someone who has lost a child I can say that is the worst feeling any human can go through so I see your point on having our children fight in any war at all. Of course people would change their minds and opinions if there were a draft. I 100% agree that it would be nice if the other nations over there to deal with this but they will need some foreign aid to help them.

They want to fight, they feel it is a worthy fight and one in which they are willing to engage even at their own risk. If these types want to sign up and go fight ISIS, I will not object to contributing in the ways I can (I.e., paying for the fight with taxes).

Unfortunately, many many of these types don't enlist.  The majority are roaming the streets and prisons.  (see teardrop Dodger fans)

True Phil. We have a bunch of uneducated, gun loving rednecks hell bent on banging chicks with dips in their lips and posting a nice kill card before they visit the old man upstairs

sorry, but this is a disgusting representation of our armed forces.  I know many who are serving and have served and very, very few of them are what you describe.

sorry, but this is a disgusting representation of our armed forces. I know many who are serving and have served and very, very few of them are what you describe.

I was just joking around dude.

The only dudes I know who served did so because they felt they had limited options and wanted to set themselves up for personal success

sorry, but this is a disgusting representation of our armed forces. I know many who are serving and have served and very, very few of them are what you describe.

I thought it accurately captured a sizeable percentage of service guys. I have met a number a guys who fit that description perfectly.

I thought it accurately captured a sizeable percentage of service guys. I have met a number a guys who fit that description perfectly.

Phil, no offense, but you have no clue what the **** you're talking about. I doubt you even have a sliver of validity to even make these statements.

I'll retract my post if you were in the service.

Phil, no offense, but you have no clue what the **** you're talking about. I doubt you even have a sliver of validity to even make these statements.

I'll retract my post if you were in the service.

Good God, are you now part of the group that is determined to get easily offended?

I'll retract my post. You are right, I am wrong. Nobody in the armed services fits Adam's description.

I hate that argument, too.

I hope all these people clamoring for war have already enlisted. It'd be a shame if their quest to shoot brown people was slowed at all by the massive lines that would no doubt be formed at all the recruitment offices by all the other pro-war wingbats once war is declared.

i really don't think anyone is clamoring for a war. Seems like some are merely saying something has to be done to stop these savages.

what would you suggest?