• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

There goes Glen, blaming Bush again.  We were attacked on our soil and Bush led us with God and Country on his side to put a murderous dictator with WMD's stockpiled down.  

Which apparently never existed, because no trace of them was ever found. Despite Bush's attempt to connect the Iraq war to 9/11, there was no connection whatsoever. It was all about removing Saddam Hussein, which was the only regret expressed by his father about the conducting of Operation Desert Storm. None of the 9/11 terrorists were Iraqis, and no evidence was ever uncovered that the government of Iraq had any involvement whatsoever in 9/11. W came into office looking for excuses to finish the business that Daddy didn't, and what he didn't find he fabricated to send to into Iraq.

Obama, on the other hand, a known Muslim...,

Thank you, Fox News.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

When it isn't and he gets called what will you do?

If I got called up to fight a war the US had no business fighting there is no way in hell I'd go. I'd flee the country and never come back rather than fight for the military industrial complex's profits.

Precisely the plan at my house were I called for military service - and my father was career military. My mother was Canadian, and I was going on a prolonged visit to my grandparents' house were that to happen. We were still tangled up in Vietnam at the time. My parents watched as other parents brought their sons home in boxes from a war we weren't trying to win, in my father's opinion. Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

ISIS just executed 40+ people by burning them alive.

Just to cherry-pick one example, the US essentially turned a blind eye to the genocide in Rwanda where it is estimated that at least 500,000 people were killed.  How can we ignore one tragedy and yet pay attention to another?  I know it comes down to political interests and publicity, but it's still baffling.  

I'm not saying that ISIS doesn't deserve to be exterminated.  I'm just amazed at how they continue to generate publicity.  

Edit: upon a bit further thought, I realize it's because we believe (for whatever reason) that ISIS is a cross-border threat and something like the Rwanda genocide was isolated. 

Edited by Glen

When it isn't and he gets called what will you do?

If I got called up to fight a war the US had no business fighting there is no way in hell I'd go. I'd flee the country and never come back rather than fight for the military industrial complex's profits.

Well it would be his call but I would hope he'd bail. I'd definitely help him

Just to cherry-pick one example, the US essentially turned a blind eye to the genocide in Rwanda where it is estimated that at least 500,000 people were killed.  How can we ignore one tragedy and yet pay attention to another?  I know it comes down to political interests and publicity, but it's still baffling.  

I'm not saying that ISIS doesn't deserve to be exterminated.  I'm just amazed at how they continue to generate publicity.  

Edit: upon a bit further thought, I realize it's because we believe (for whatever reason) that ISIS is a cross-border threat and something like the Rwanda genocide was isolated. 

Or maybe the Rwanda revolutions don't go Facebook with high def videos of their massacres showing the executions. Maybe they didn't spread international threats to kill all infidels as they cut journalists heads off. The Rwawandans just didn't step up their game like ISIS has.

Or maybe because it wasn't Christians being massacred by Muslims.

It is really pathetic though, because there are far worse genocides going on right now that we are completely ignoring but the news and government makes a big deal out of this one.

We Americans never learn.

It is really pathetic though, because there are far worse genocides going on right now that we are completely ignoring but the news and government makes a big deal out of this one.

You are so binged up on this.  What a ridiculous strawman.  A majority of the people murdered by IS have not been Christians and the one time we have taken dramatic steps to intervene the group was not Christian.

I still can't believe some of you guys on here continue to want us to be the world's police.

There can be some kind of middle ground.  The world is too connected now to be isolationist in general.  While we can't fix everyting, the idea of letting bad things happen is pretty pathetic.

The only thing evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothing.

You are so binged up on this.  What a ridiculous strawman.  A majority of the people murdered by IS have not been Christians and the one time we have taken dramatic steps to intervene the group was not Christian.

And yet it isn't being reported by the news.  The only time we hear about it is when Christians are executed.  You are just proving my point.

And yet it isn't being reported by the news.  The only time we hear about it is when Christians are executed.  You are just proving my point.

nate, think MT is right here in my opinion.  If "it isn't being reported by the news," proves his point.  Saying Christians are being executed is news gold. Remember, I only give my opinion.

We didn't get involved in Rwanda but did in Somalia and that turned out badly.

To say we only get involved in something that suits our interest or when Christians are involved is not always 100 percent accurate. Not saying it's not ever true. Just not all the time.

I also agree we could use some dictators. Which is why I was surprised we got involved in Egypt and Libya. I thought Obama (who was against the Iraq war for good reasons) would have realized this but then he starts spouting off about getting involved in Syria.

I grew up and realized my views as an 18 year old in 2003 were wrong about the war. I thought people in Washington would do the same. I guess not.

They were massacring their own faith and Jordanian pilots long before they decided to torch some Christians so let's keep the conversation to this planet not something that only happens in the Universe of liberal excuse making.