• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Kyle Kubitza from the Braves

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah, but I don't think he was brought in for farm depth, he was brought in to be the starting third basemen within a year.

we were also hopeful about Baldoquin.  

just makin' stuff up as we go.  

plus I think a lot of us were still in Dipoto denial and we were coming off a 98 win season.  

hope's triumph over experience.  

1 hour ago, A Dozen Hermosillos said:

His swing was so bad. I suppose it has worked in the past with many, but it seemed like he struggled to get solid contact. I remember so much over swinging, with weak grounders to the infield. 

If you mean solid contact as in hit for power, okay -- but bat to ball skills were never an issue with Kotch.   Dude just swung a wet noodle, people akll expected the power to come, it didn't.   But for a little perspective on his contact skills... his career K rate of 9.9 would have ranked as the 3rd best mark in MLB last year.   David Fletcher came in at 9.8.   The season when he got plunked in the head it was 8.5.   Dude seriously never recovered from that.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

What?   I didn't chime in?   I'm slipping.

On January 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Kubitza is intriguing, with the high OBP, speed on the bases, and just enough power.

Unless Sanchez becomes another Pedro, I am fine with trading this solid Rondon away. 

I guess Moncada is out of the question now.    If Kubitza pans out, that is a lot of money saved. 

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lmao.  Is resurrecting this thread revenge on Scotty for him calling us all a bunch retards during his little fit yesterday? 

Haha.  In the last six weeks the board got dumber simply because Scotty changed his mind about our pitching.  He’s bordering on being Canadian. 

22 hours ago, winhalos said:

anyone know if Kubitza's mom makes a good brisket?

16 hours ago, Tank said:

I can confirm that she does.

Why do you think Dipoto took a chance on this untested 3B?

You have to risk it for the brisket.