• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ongoing NBA Thread

m0nkey

As Stradling pointed out Lebron took shit because he left his hometown team via an ESPN special where he said he would take his talents to Miami in the ultimate showing of look at me douchery.  Durant is taking shit as I've seen articles where people in OKC have trashed/burned his jerseys and there's criticism because of something he said when Lebron left for MIami in 2010.  This isn't the first and won't be the last super team but this will cement my lack of interest in the NBA for the foreseeable future.   

23 minutes ago, Punk said:

I think this is worse than LeBron.

How?  It is not even close.  Lebron lead his home town team on and fucked them on national TV.  Durant spent time with a few teams and decided to go to the Warriors.  It isn't like he is from OKC or anything... he is from DC.

I've always lacked interest in the NBA because this is how it's always been. League has never been competitive. There's 4 or so teams every year that are realistic title contenders, then maybe 7 or so teams after that who are entertaining playoff teams with little chance of beating any of the top 3-4 teams. The other 18 teams in the league are background noise/filler

People watch to either see these super teams dominate the landscape or to hope they crash and burn.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

How?  It is not even close.  Lebron lead his home town team on and fucked them on national TV.  Durant spent time with a few teams and decided to go to the Warriors.  It isn't like he is from OKC or anything... he is from DC.

He's joining the team that beat them when he had a 3-1 lead.  A team that won a championship, follows it up with the best regular season of all time, and really should've been back to back champions.  One of the best players in the league decides to join the best team in the league

3 hours ago, nate said:

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

He's joining the team that beat them when he had a 3-1 lead.  A team that won a championship, follows it up with the best regular season of all time, and really should've been back to back champions.  One of the best players in the league decides to join the best team in the league

What he said.

I wouldn't even be that upset if he went to the Celtics or Clippers….

1 minute ago, nate said:

God forbid he goes to the team that has the best chance of winning the championship.

I don't see how any NBA fan that isn't a fan of the Warriors is ok with this, but whatever. I hope they choke.

GO LAKERS!

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

@Punk are you mad when good baseball players are signed by good teams?  

If I dislike the team, yes. You can't really compare MLB to the NBA. One guy makes a big difference on a basketball team.

I don't have a problem with Kevin Durant, btw. I just hate the Golden State Warriors.

10 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

If you aren't a Cavs or a Spurs fan, you can pretty much ignore the NBA for the next few years because your favorite team has no chance of winning anything

Ha, you just wait until the Lakers pass the ball inside to Mozgov!

showtime, part deux.

If you like outside shooting, the Warriors will be fun to watch. They lost both Barnes and Bogut in the work to clear cap space, so you have to wonder how they'll be affected defensively, if at all.

i have no issue with Durant signing with GS. It's 2/54 mil, and he can opt out after one year. I'm a whole lot more offended by what Conley signed for, or what the Lakers are paying Mozgov.

11 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

If you aren't a Cavs or a Spurs fan, you can pretty much ignore the NBA for the next few years because your favorite team has no chance of winning anything

Being a Thunder fan, that is doubly true. I have no intention of watching the Warriors go 80-2 next season and sweep through the playoffs while my team finishes below .500 and sits home, all because of Kevin Durant.

The problem isn't Durant.  The problem is that basketball and especially the NBA is crap, it is by far the worst of the major sports.  One player makes the difference between winning the title and not making the playoffs at all.