• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst fans

I was at the game; With Anaheim being the worst, the crowd behind home plate sucks in most stadiums worried about their smartphones and Panani. The crowd was rocking and I've been to a home Boston playoff victory. Much of the crowd did stand and cheer when Weaver had 2 outs 2 strikes. As the game went on and we crapped our pants each inning against a pitcher the Angels decided wasn't worth giving a contract to and it was obvious the fans grew frustrated. Judging a crowd that fails on all of their scoring chances isn't fair. They stood and cheered for the possible gamewinner which fizzled again. The Diamond club which is always being shown on TV needs fireworks up their @ss. I noticed Hambone's because of the sheer patheticism of the AB's with men on took life out of the crowd.

Of course Camdem yards kicked ass, THE O's Scored 12 RUNS.

Also, I have noticed for years now from TBS adjusts the crowd noise for each game. Eric Burns said a couple years ago, playing in Anaheim when with the A's, it's one of the loudest stadiums in BB once the fans get going(paraphrase). Weaver pitched playoff baseball and the lineup sucked.

Edited by acro2008

It was ugly.   Weak crowd.  It was never like this in 02, 86, 82 or 79.   Even the year we lost to AJ, it was loud.

I can speak for the "AJ" series and no,  We lost to the Chisox game 3 when  Lackey gave up a 3 run bomb to Konerko early on and took the fans right out of the game.

Edited by acro2008

It was ugly. Weak crowd. It was never like this in 02, 86, 82 or 79. Even the year we lost to AJ, it was loud.

I can speak for the "AJ" eries and n

Acro just invented a new word: patheticism. I dig it.

What is funny is that I actually looked it up before I posted and found it as a word. I may have spelled it wrong. Edited by acro2008

Let's not forget that if any of those four great defensive plays ends in a hit, we win that game.

THat is so true.  It actually could have been a blowout.  Then I remembered how good KC's OutField is.  But just one of those catches that would have scored 2 runs and put us up by 2 appeared to be a "look what I found" lucky catch.

honestly i am sick of people saying our home crowds suck

almost every game i have been to this season, people have been really into it and last night was no exception, the whole stadium was rocking with those thunder sticks

if it doesn't translate on TV sorry, but when you are there its a totally different experience

Edited by katrinab

Funny how people at home are complaining about the fans at the stadium. I was there and I can barely speak this morning. Where I was sitting in section 434, it was very loud. Then I moved down to SRO behind the first base dugout, it was also loud.

It was loud where I was sitting in F113 but I admit after the 9th the energy level dropped.  The Angels sucked.  Our 2-3-4 hitters went 0 for the game.  Kendrick struck out 3 times.  Hamilton was garbage in the field and at the plate.  After Salas gave up the home run in the 11th everybody knew the game was over.

Thankfully most people kept the Thunderstix in their pockets.  Fans did everything they could as far as I'm concerned.  Pregame introductions were great I'm guessing they didn't show that on TV.  They introduced GRich and he got a nice ovation.

The loudest part of the game while watching TV was when Hamilton was booed after that 9th inning strike out. The radio broadcast sounded great though. I'll be there in person tonight and if we drop down any bunts you will here some noise...my head exploding.

It was loud where I was sitting in F113 but I admit after the 9th the energy level dropped.  The Angels sucked.  Our 2-3-4 hitters went 0 for the game.  Kendrick struck out 3 times.  Hamilton was garbage in the field and at the plate.  After Salas gave up the home run in the 11th everybody knew the game was over.

Thankfully most people kept the Thunderstix in their pockets.  Fans did everything they could as far as I'm concerned.  Pregame introductions were great I'm guessing they didn't show that on TV.  They introduced GRich and he got a nice ovation.

Really got pumped when GRich was introduced and he handed his crutches off and walked out. That was impressive!!!

I can only imagine if the Royals fans left every time they were down to Oakland.

I went as a single last night so I was sitting next to people I didn't know.  On my right was a guy who was a knowledgeable Angels fan so that worked out great for the night (better actually than sitting next to my wife or any of my engineer buddies who know JACK about baseball).

On my left was this young woman who was about 18 I guess.  She was on her phone half of the night, taking pictures of herself.  The other half of the night she was inspecting her own hair.

There were times when I thought the crowd could be louder but really the team was so bad that it sucked the energy out of the stadium.