• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst fans

i was there. the crowd was loud. as far as baltimore being louder, perhaps if the angels had done anything at all offensively, perhaps like score 12 runs, the fans would have been more excited. it was pretty disappointing to watch us sacrifice bunt over and over again. i friggin' hate small ball bs.

I was at the game, best crowd ever.

rose-colored-glasses-dan-holm.jpg

Brandon, what a bullshit post coming from someone who admittedly has never been to a playoff game. For some they don't have that option, with because financially it's a hardship or they don't live in the area. Neither of those relate to you. Go to a playoff game and tell me if it is loud or not.

I was at the game; With Anaheim being the worst, the crowd behind home plate sucks in most stadiums worried about their smartphones and Panani. The crowd was rocking and I've been to a home Boston playoff victory. Much of the crowd did stand and cheer when Weaver had 2 outs 2 strikes. As the game went on and we crapped our pants each inning against a pitcher the Angels decided wasn't worth giving a contract to and it was obvious the fans grew frustrated. Judging a crowd that fails on all of their scoring chances isn't fair. They stood and cheered for the possible gamewinner which fizzled again. The Diamond club which is always being shown on TV needs fireworks up their @ss. I noticed Hambone's because of the sheer patheticism of the AB's with men on took life out of the crowd.

Of course Camdem yards kicked ass, THE O's Scored 12 RUNS.

Also, I have noticed for years now from TBS adjusts the crowd noise for each game. Eric Burns said a couple years ago, playing in Anaheim when with the A's, it's one of the loudest stadiums in BB once the fans get going(paraphrase). Weaver pitched playoff baseball and the lineup sucked.

I noticed that TBS changed how the game sounded from the O's to Angels. O's game allowed a lot more of the crowd noise to come in. When the Angels came came on the sound was muted compared to the announcers. On TV, the crowd sucked; 1. because the sound was muted by TBS, 2. the fans in the infield field seats sat on their ass all game.

Edited by CF8

tl;dr version of this thread:

People who weren't at the game: "The crowd sucked! I could tell while I was drinking beer vodka on my couch!"

People who were actually at the game: "The crowd was awesome! My ears are still ringing!"

Except for the fact that there were posters in this thread that went to the game that said the crowd sucked.

Or you can take it as a fan who's had season tickets since 2002, who has attended 400 plus regular season games and every post season game since 2002, that can tell the difference. I could give a shit what it sounds like on TV, I was there and I know. The ONLY playoff game I remember the crowd being out of it was the GA pink eye game, that one was bad.

The thing is I don't think that you can tell a difference if you believe that every playoff crowd was been rockin since 2002. I've been to a dozen playoff games since 2002 and have experienced significant differences in crowd enthusiasm. Sorry, your mega achievement of 400 reg+ all playoff games almost makes me think that you cannot be impartial especially since you are sticking to your guns. At least you made a concession for the Wilits clean-up game. 

Except for the fact that there were posters in this thread that went to the game that said the crowd sucked.

All I can speak to is what I saw and heard.  People were up and down all night, people were screaming all night, people were chanting all night, thundersticks were constantly being hammered.  2 strike counts and people were going nuts.  Each time we struck out a royal people went nuts,each time we got a baserunner people went nuts.  One beach ball was launched in 529 and someone grabbed it a popped it.  The pavillion tried to start the wave in the ninth and was ignored.  I couldn't hear the announcer most of the night.   Could be that the thundersticks didn't translate to TV like a higher pitch of clapping did, or that TV reduced the crowd noise (someone did say it was louder on the radio broadcast.) And yes, certain sections did not stand up at parts of the game, but I saw at least 2/3 of the stadium on their feet several times, and nearly all of the stadium on there feet at a couple crucial parts.  So you go ahead and judge from the TV and a couple isolated crowd shots.  Yeah I was pissed off at the team, they sucked at the plate, but the crowd still kept it going and I have no voice today as a result.

Yeah, it was a ghost town and we all suck, and I must be a liar.    And I'll go again tonight with super glue on my ass and duct tape on my mouth just like everyone last night.   This thread sucks.

Edited by Biergott

On the radio the crowd was drowning out the broadcasters, driving home I could barely hear what was going on when Freese hit that homerun. On the TV (especially TBS) they seem to do a good job at not picking up the crowd noise (until home runs and stuff like that). Just my 2 cents.

You may have a different opinion after watching the Royals upcoming home game on TBS...they get loud in KC. 

The thing is I don't think that you can tell a difference if you believe that every playoff crowd was been rockin since 2002. I've been to a dozen playoff games since 2002 and have experienced significant differences in crowd enthusiasm. Sorry, your mega achievement of 400 reg+ all playoff games almost makes me think that you cannot be impartial especially since you are sticking to your guns. At least you made a concession for the Wilits clean-up game.

You're a ****in joke, seriously. So because I've been to all these games and instead of speaking from a position of authority I speak from a position of being impartial. What a joke.

Edited by Stradling

watched on tv. Heard almost no crowd noise, the place sounded silent in critical moments of the game. Everyone sitting behind home plate never stood once or even seemed to be watching the game. The people in the dugout suites were definitely not watching the game.

it was pathetic.

The dugout suite people. Did they even know they were going to a baseball game when they were headed to the stadium? I saw that the vast majority of them were not wearing any red, at all. Yes, there were the real fans, I know a guy who has a dugout suite, and he's a real fan, didn't look for him, but was sure he had to be there in red. But most of them were obviously there because some company owns the suite and gave tickets to another company, and they're not Angels fans, but think it would be rude to turn down the invitation.

Anyway, it might be the TV, and the Diamond club fat cats aren't helping because they're on TV the most. I can't believe those guys weren't going nuts in the 9th when the winning run was in scoring position and Cron was looking patient for once. Sure it's Cron, but that's beside the point.

As Randy said, no wave, and also no beach balls!

Actually, there was at least one.  It hit me in the elbow and fell between me and the broad next to me.  I ignored the ball since I was into the pitch at hand.  

A bunch of people around said, "Don't hit it.  Don't hit it."  The lady picked it up and sort of half-heartedly threw it behind her.  I never saw the ball again.  First time I've seen the game take precedence over the beach ball.  

I yelled "C'mon people,...show him some love!!" probably 10 X at home last night whenever Weave would pitch a strike.

And then I kept seeing the "MAKE SOME NOISE" sign.

And those people in the dugout seats  weren't watching (except maybe scott boras).

And the people in the DC seats weren't standing.

I wasn't there, so I'm not dissing Angel fans but.....

C'MON PEOPLE!! SHOW OUR GUYS SOME LOVE TONIGHT!!!!!