• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst fans

Cory, I'm going to sound like a dick but how can you, an Angel fan, criticize the fans tonight if you didn't even go. It's like when we bitch about how bad Angel talk is because of how bad the callers are but we never call ourselves. The crowd was into it tonight, just like every playoff game we've had since '02.

False. Since Weavers first pitch it was like a game against...well the Royals in July. How can we expect the team to get into the game if the fans aren't even into the game.

The crowd was shit and there's no excuse you can come up with to justify it.

if the team is relying on the fans to pump them up for a playoff series, we are screwed.  

False. Since Weavers first pitch it was like a game against...well the Royals in July. How can we expect the team to get into the game if the fans aren't even into the game.

The crowd was shit and there's no excuse you can come up with to justify it.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to a lot of games, including the one tonight.  I think your evaluation is mostly correct.  There were so many disappointing moments tonight that the game just took the crowd right out of it, and they just gave up.  The great outfield plays by the Royals were all moments that you thought would put the crowd into a frenzy if the ball had dropped, but when they all failed due to those great defensive plays it just seemed to slam every one right back down into their seat.  Add to that the inability of some prime Angel's hitters to come through with runners in scoring position, well the crowd reaction becomes predictable.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of fans in the stands who can't handle the process that comes with a possible, and in this case, eventual loss.  I agree that the fan reaction was pretty worthless tonight, it didn't help at all.

I just got home. It was absolutely rocking for nearly the entire game. It was oddly quiet while Jespen was on the mound though. Then picked back up and obviously died when the royals hit the homer in extras. My ears are ringing as I type this, Don't know how anyone could call that crowd quiet tonight or not into it. But whatever, I was there and know what I heard and I'll be there tomorrow.

Edited by Biergott

Were any of you actually there?! It was rocking in my section the whole game. Could barely hear any PA announcements

watched on tv. Heard almost no crowd noise, the place sounded silent in critical moments of the game. Everyone sitting behind home plate never stood once or even seemed to be watching the game. The people in the dugout suites were definitely not watching the game.

it was pathetic.

The atmosphere wasn't electric, and that's mostly because the Angels offense was bad. The crowd was really not the issue. I went to 30 games this year, and tonight's game was in the top 3 for crowd participation, volume etc. it would have been way over the top if the offense wasn't popping up and striking out every inning. Not to mention the defensive plays from the Royals...

watched on tv. Heard almost no crowd noise, the place sounded silent in critical moments of the game. Everyone sitting behind home plate never stood once or even seemed to be watching the game. The people in the dugout suites were definitely not watching the game.

it was pathetic.

In TBS's defense, they have to drown out the crowd on TV so you're able to hear how boring Ernie Johnson is at calling the games.

On the radio the crowd was drowning out the broadcasters, driving home I could barely hear what was going on when Freese hit that homerun. On the TV (especially TBS) they seem to do a good job at not picking up the crowd noise (until home runs and stuff like that). Just my 2 cents.

TBS sure picked up the crowd in BAL alright

Edited by tennischmp

I was there and it was absolutely ****ing disgraceful. I make fun of Dodger fans a lot, but I feel like I've now lost that privilege. Me and 4-5 other guys in my section were the only one's actively rooting for the team.  Hamilton and Pujols are shitbags that need to be booed....but not gonna happen from this soft crowd

Edit: Before the game was promising. I thought it'd be a good atmosphere. It was awful though. Most of the people there don't like baseball

Edited by Butcher'd

it was pathetic.

It was rocking in the upper deck...guess it didnt translate well to tv.

It was pretty loud where I sat.  We were on our feet a good part of the game.  Don't know/care how it came across on TV.  A lot of the people who stereotype Angels fans also say hilarious things like "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Disneyland of California on the 5 Freeway" at cocktail parties.

i will say that the crowd would go into chill mode after one of the many would be Angel rallies coming to a daed end.  

So, I will make this deal:  I will be even louder at the next game if the Angels offense give me a reason to be.

Maybe it has less to do with actual crowd noise and perhaps where the announcers booth is located at different stadiums or even where the microphone was located.

When I saw this thread I texted a few people that were at the game and everyone said the crowd was loud and into it. I was in 408, it was loud, and I was told 238 and 225 were loud.

It was pretty loud where I sat.  We were on our feet a good part of the game.  Don't know/care how it came across on TV.  A lot of the people who stereotype Angels fans also say hilarious things like "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Disneyland of California on the 5 Freeway" at cocktail parties.

i will say that the crowd would go into chill mode after one of the many would be Angel rallies coming to a daed end.  

So, I will make this deal:  I will be even louder at the next game if the Angels offense give me a reason to be.

No issue there. Offense was putrid tonight and didn't give the fans much to really cheer about. Still can't believe they looked that pathetic vs Vargas.

It was well below all the TV broadcasts of every other playoff game thus far.

They got a little into it towards the end with the rallies and big moments, but was rather dull all game.

One of my sports pet peeves is when someone in the crowd does that arm wave thing to get the rest of the crowd into it during crucial moments and I saw that multiple times tonight on TV. Watching all the other games on the same station with the same moments, it was pretty bad.

Was in 406 and the crowd was loud there. Was embarrassing seeing so many fans leave before the game was over, but than the performance on the field was an absolute embarrassment. Can't get a much more frustrating game than tonights.