• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst fans

False. Since Weavers first pitch it was like a game against...well the Royals in July. How can we expect the team to get into the game if the fans aren't even into the game.

The crowd was shit and there's no excuse you can come up with to justify it.

And that's the main difference between Angels fans and a lot of other teams' fans.

Like they mentioned about the Royals fans during their WC game during the radio broadcast; instead of 'waiting' for something good to happen before cheering, they were 'encouraging' good things to happen by always cheering, and that was pretty apparent when they were down 7-3 late in the game and still cheered every 2-strike pitch by their pitchers and every AB before the rally started.  And when they got a baserunner, they would cheer non-stop.

Cory, I'm going to sound like a dick but how can you, an Angel fan, criticize the fans tonight if you didn't even go. It's like when we bitch about how bad Angel talk is because of how bad the callers are but we never call ourselves. The crowd was into it tonight, just like every playoff game we've had since '02.

Einstein would be proud of this logic. 

Crowd sucked on TV. Not every crowd has been into it for every game since 2002 so I take your opinion what happened in game one as an apologist who cannot judge a playoff crowd's enthusiasm.

Saying every playoff Angel crowd since 2002 is not true at all. I remember in 2005 vs the White Sox it was almost as bad as tonight...and we were only a series away from the WS that year. There's almost a pretentious vibe to Angels playoff games at times. Some people just can't be bothered to stand up and cheer on a big 2 strike pitch.

Tonight was the worst I've seen It for a playoff game though. It didn't feel that much different than a regular season game. Really the only difference was the thunder sticks and the amount of people there.

Angel fans are ready and willing to cheer and be loud.  Seemed to be pretty loud when Weaver was on the mound in the 1st inning.  Once the offense began to shit the bed though, it was beginning to look worse as the game went on.  Aside from a couple of solo homers, everyone choked tonight.

If we score the way Baltimore did or at least got one clutch hit, the place would have went nuts.  Keep in mind we are so used to Angel hitters choking hard in the playoffs the last 13 years.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Bottom of the 9th, winning run on 2nd in a walkoff situation and everyone behind the plate is on their ass.

This right here!

I don't give a **** how the noise was on tv, I can SEE how shitty the crowd was. Weaver has two strikes on a batter with two outs, you stand up and go nuts. Instead they show the crowd and everyone was just sitting down.

Must have been waiting for their Panda Express. Priorities.

Edited by TobiasFunke

Hamilton did get booed last night so there was some passion. Unfortunately that was the only passion from the crowd I really heard from, at least on TV.

That actually might have been boo-urns now that I think about it.

Edited by Kevin

This right here!

I don't give a **** how the noise was on tv, I can SEE how shitty the crowd was. Weaver has two strikes on a batter with two outs, you stand up and go nuts. Instead they show the crowd and everyone was just sitting down.

Hamilton did get booed last night so there was some passion. Unfortunately that was the only passion from the crowd I really heard from, at least on TV.

AngelArcher, on 03 Oct 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

Bottom of the 9th, winning run on 2nd in a walkoff situation and everyone behind the plate is on their ass.

This right here!

Edited by TobiasFunke, Today, 06:37 AM.

My seats are 9 rows back of home plate and I'd like to apologize to both of you for my at bats last night. Grow up.

Edited by Steve

I was saying boo-urns.

I can see being disappointed in the crowd, but the moment that starts moving into blaming the crowd for the players' performance I'm out.  They sucked.  They don't get to blame anyone but themselves.

Bad offense, bad defense, bad managing of the offense.  The guys in the uniforms are the ones to blame and absolutely, positively nobody else.

Einstein would be proud of this logic.

Crowd sucked on TV. Not every crowd has been into it for every game since 2002 so I take your opinion what happened in game one as an apologist who cannot judge a playoff crowd's enthusiasm.

Or you can take it as a fan who's had season tickets since 2002, who has attended 400 plus regular season games and every post season game since 2002, that can tell the difference. I could give a shit what it sounds like on TV, I was there and I know. The ONLY playoff game I remember the crowd being out of it was the GA pink eye game, that one was bad.

The worst fans were in 426, Row F, Seats 13-14.

Was that the fat drunk Kc fan?

I was in 426 row D and he was trying to fight some kid after the game. He could barely stand up and his girl was screening "security security" at the too of her lungs.

All of 426 was pretty mellow except for a few who were making thunder. Everytime I tried to stand to cheer, no one would get up with me.

AngelArcher, on 03 Oct 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

This right here!

Edited by TobiasFunke, Today, 06:37 AM.

My seats are 9 rows back of home plate and I'd like to apologize to both of you for my at bats last night. Grow up.

spoken like a true person behind the plate that had their thumbs up their butts the whole game as evident by the tv.

Sorry Trout didn't go 3-3 for your rich viewing pleasure.

Maybe it has less to do with actual crowd noise and perhaps where the announcers booth is located at different stadiums or even where the microphone was located.

When I saw this thread I texted a few people that were at the game and everyone said the crowd was loud and into it. I was in 408, it was loud, and I was told 238 and 225 were loud.

I was in 408 as well and thought the crowd was loud. The sounds of the fans cheering must not have been picked up on television.