• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping Pros. Thoughts?

gotbeer

• 2 months later...

no way.

There's a guy who owns his own mobile car wash/detailing service who comes by the office.  He pokes his head in and asks if anyone wants their car washed for $20.  Every couple of weeks I pay him to wash my car.  He does good work.  It takes him about 20 minutes.

But there is no tip, because it's a fee-for-service arrangement.  This would also apply to dentists, attorneys etc.

Can I use the I am Japanese, it's considered an insult to my culture to tip?  

I like to use the windows at Del Mar, mostly because there's a bunch of hot chicks in line usually. I always tip winners

Went out to a swanky steak house tonight with a group from work, 16 of us.  Bill ended up being just shy of 1400 dollars.  They didn't include the tip which I thought was weird.  Maybe a Florida thing?

Went out to a swanky steak house tonight with a group from work, 16 of us.  Bill ended up being just shy of 1400 dollars.  They didn't include the tip which I thought was weird.  Maybe a Florida thing?

ten dollars should cover it.

Never going to happen.

Square is good for startups, but their rates/fees are way to high compared to the market. The equipment is also not as reliable. Speaking of which, the government is making everyone in the US that accepts cards be EMV compatible (the ability to read the new chip cards) and you can't do that with a mobile device...they keep saying they will be ready by the October mandate but no one knows anything.

Not to mention, anyone with a pos or card machine can simply add a tip line if they wanted without Square. That was always possible.

I know some of you make a lot of money with no skills and aren't in the hospitality industry. Would you accept a tip on top of your BS fee?

Funny you should say that. I was called in to help some guys that were producing a video and the transfer house neglected to sync sound to their dailies. I helped them out and this guy peels off five $100 bills and stuffs it into my hand saying thanks. I tell him I'm already getting paid for the job and he says it's a tip for coming in last minute and helping them out.

Yes, I took the money. They were hip hop guys with guns, don't want to disrespect.

That's awesome...these folks already use creative coding to get higher reimbursements from insurance companies...and that ends up getting passed off to us through higher premiums, copays and deductibles...and now they want to go directly in to our pockets for a tip?

So, if I don't tip they don't use as much anesthetic the next time?

I think I would immediately go find a new dentist if I saw they were asking for a tip.

Maybe I should try and use the new tip feature at my next art show. I'll give people 10% off if they tip me 25%.

i don't get tipped per se in my job, but i get gifts at Christmas and sometimes at the end of the school year. this week is teacher appreciation week and one of the kids gave me a bag of kettle korn with chocolate drizzled over it. got a nice card, also.

i would not accept cash. feels too much like a bribe.

That's a nice story and all, but we aren't dumb. You expect us to believe you got tipped by a black guy?

you've obviously never rolled with hip hop guys

back in the day, Kris Kross peeled off Benjamins on the regular