• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping Pros. Thoughts?

gotbeer

Sounds like I should shop around.

Ten Ocho mentioned racist, so let's get into it....

Nate, I don't know if you've noticed a difference from So Cal or not, but here in God's country services (house cleaning, painting, gardner, etc.) are way more expensive.  It didn't take me long to figure out why.  They're all white.  We don't have that heavy immigrant (coughcoughillegalcoughcough) population to drive the prices down like in So Cal. 

Cost to pain my house?  $7,500!  It's a big house, but still!

Nate, I don't know if you've noticed a difference from So Cal or not, but here in God's country services (house cleaning, painting, gardner, etc.) are way more expensive.  It didn't take me long to figure out why.  They're all white.  We don't have that heavy immigrant (coughcoughillegalcoughcough) population to drive the prices down like in So Cal. 

Cost to pain my house?  $7,500!  It's a big house, but still!

Yeah that is true.

Also, I still want to go with a service and not some lady that does it cheap.  Good to know they have insurance so if they fall or something I don't get sued into bankruptcy.

Adam, hook me up with your Mexican?

We actually tried to refer her to a friend of ours and she told us she was full. 2 houses everyday M-Sa. She's making a grand a week tax free with little to no investment. Just gas and cleaning products.

$80 per clean

She comes every other Tuesday from 7:30-12:30

We don't tip but we gave her a fat Christmas bonus

Very close to my situation. Every other Friday, three people come to the house for two or three hours, charge me $85 each time. I also give them a Christmas bonus.

Why would it be considered racist to say that service jobs are cheaper in regions with a large immigrant and/or migrant worker population?

Because anything you say that might possibly apply to an immigrant, or anyone non-white, automatically makes you a racist.

We actually tried to refer her to a friend of ours and she told us she was full. 2 houses everyday M-Sa. She's making a grand a week tax free with little to no investment. Just gas and cleaning products.

Good for her. To some its menial work, but she is making the most of something (or maybe shes a rocket scientist, i shouldnt assume), but is making a pretty decent living at it. Ive always been impressed by people who go to work for themselves and succeed

Nate, I don't know if you've noticed a difference from So Cal or not, but here in God's country services (house cleaning, painting, gardner, etc.) are way more expensive. It didn't take me long to figure out why. They're all white. We don't have that heavy immigrant (coughcoughillegalcoughcough) population to drive the prices down like in So Cal.

Cost to pain my house? $7,500! It's a big house, but still!

A white guy painted our house for $2,300. For $7,500 you should have had the roof recovered and some landscaping done as well.

My time is worth more than 15 dollars an hour so I have no problem paying someone to do what I don't want to do.

You are not good at math. $250 + $25 tip per visit for four hours is $75 per hour.

1)Daughter

2)Polish and shop rags

3)$5 week allowance

4)watch NFL

5)Profit

You are not good at math. $250 + $25 tip per visit for four hours is $75 per hour.

1)Daughter

2)Polish and shop rags

3)$5 week allowance

4)watch NFL

5)Profit

I was just responding to him.  Anyway it's two people so it is about 37 dollars an hour.