• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping Pros. Thoughts?

gotbeer

Personally, this is one of the true tipping areas around.  Since most people don't tip the maid, what you leave is IMO more of a reflection on how the service was.  As opposed to waiters who think they automatically should receive an amount.  

My biggest question is, should you tip daily?  Or should you tip at the end of your trip?  

Personally, this is one of the true tipping areas around. Since most people don't tip the maid, what you leave is IMO more of a reflection on how the service was. As opposed to waiters who think they automatically should receive an amount.

My biggest question is, should you tip daily? Or should you tip at the end of your trip?

This came up when we were talking about it yesterday, apparently the right answer is daily.

my understanding is if you are staying more than one night, you leave a tip. $2 per night is what was told to me and i've tried to follow that. i usually leave the tip on the pillow on the day i check out.

if i'm staying just one night, i don't tip.

I have never tipped a maid but I tip the bellboys for bringing up the bags and typically tip 20% at restaurants/bars if the service is great.

If not, it goes down from there.

I don't even know how much you'd tip a maid, $5 a night? What if they never come in and clean the room? If their pay sucks find a new effing job. It's not like they come in and give out foot massages or pour me cocktails. I don't really get this one.

Personally, this is one of the true tipping areas around.  Since most people don't tip the maid, what you leave is IMO more of a reflection on how the service was.  As opposed to waiters who think they automatically should receive an amount.  

My biggest question is, should you tip daily?  Or should you tip at the end of your trip?  

In order to be fair, I would tip daily. You might not have the same maid for the entire stay.

I don't even know how much you'd tip a maid, $5 a night? What if they never come in and clean the room? If their pay sucks find a new effing job. It's not like they come in and give out foot massages or pour me cocktails. I don't really get this one.

It's somewhat like tip jars on the counter at restaurants where all they do is take your order and hand you a bag. I don't really consider that service.

I have never tipped a maid but I tip the bellboys for bringing up the bags and typically tip 20% at restaurants/bars if the service is great.

If not, it goes down from there.

some do

I have a pretty simple policy on tipping.  Nobody gets a tip unless I know for certain it's going to the proper person, i.e. the waitress who personally served your food.

In a hotel, how do you know your tip goes to the right person?  The maintenance guy or a different maid could be pocketing your cash...

I have a pretty simple policy on tipping.  Nobody gets a tip unless I know for certain it's going to the proper person, i.e. the waitress who personally served your food.

In a hotel, how do you know your tip goes to the right person?  The maintenance guy or a different maid could be pocketing your cash...

In other words you're cheap.  Got it.