• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping Pros. Thoughts?

gotbeer

Gee, I don't know. Can you help me compute the tax liability a $1 tip creates for a service industry employee?

Come on, seriously? You aren't dumb, dude.

You think it is a $1 issue? How many billions of dollars in tips are given? How many billions of dollars in tax revenue would be lost by turning a blind eye to that?

How would you feel about attorney bonuses going untaxed?

It's not my responsibility to report other people's income. I like to give them the option. If you think she's evil then go make a citizen's arrest.

And what I feel about attorneys doesn't belong on a family website.

As long as you are ok with less tax revenue and fewer social services, because that us exactly what your method would promote. I don't necessary have an issue with that.

My problem with doing things the way you propose us that it requires me to pay for the dishonesty of others. For every dollar other people short their taxes, people like me have to make up. And there are a shit ton of people in the service sector making more money than me (much of which is through tips).

That you would sweat the service workers who might skim a few bucks off their taxes instead of the giants who skim a few billion means I'm pretty much done with this exchange.

You are naive on this one dude. Do you know how many people pull $100,000+ in annual salary with a huge portion coming from tips? Collectively if they all cheat the system, billions and billions in revenue is lost.

You only see six figure incomes with tips in the few very high end restaurants and strip clubs. The Starbucks barista is not taking home $70k in tips.

True regarding most tipped workers, but there are plenty of tipped workers making very good money. Certain strippers, waiters/waitresses, drivers, hair stylists (lots of them), etc. And while the percentage of these people is small, if you lower the threshold to $65,000-70,000 it encompasses a lot more people (and a lot of tax revenue).

My points are only that (1) tips make up a huge percentage of income, and (2) people who get tipped should pay taxes on it the same way I pay taxes on my income.

True regarding most tipped workers, but there are plenty of tipped workers making very good money. Certain strippers, waiters/waitresses, drivers, hair stylists (lots of them), etc. And while the percentage of these people is small, if you lower the threshold to $65,000-70,000 it encompasses a lot more people (and a lot of tax revenue).

My points are only that (1) tips make up a huge percentage of income, and (2) people who get tipped should pay taxes on it the same way I pay taxes on my income.

To be fair, I don't believe most employees who earn their salary from tips receive any benefits.

I make shit for money but at least the federal benefits make up for some of it.

Edited by Poozy

• 2 weeks later...