• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards seriously injures knee

Brandon

The way he went down and because he was in so much pain, I think it's a real possibility. Dislocations and breaks generally get that kind of pain response.

I hope it isn't serious, Brandon. That looked horrific and painful. I have had a displaced knee cap, and it is extremely painful. I can't even begin to speculate on the seriousness of what happened to Garret. It will take x-rays, mri's, and a qualified physician. I am hoping for the best. However, right now, baseball and the outcome of the game or even the season take a backseat to this young man's health and well being. He has potentially a long and very successful career with his talent, and he will have my prayers for a speedy and successful recovery - because that is what is important.

The way he went down and because he was in so much pain, I think it's a real possibility. Dislocations and breaks generally get that kind of pain response.

I hope it isn't serious, Brandon. That looked horrific and painful. I have had a displaced knee cap, and it is extremely painful. I can't even begin to speculate on the seriousness of what happened to Garret. It will take x-rays, mri's, and a qualified physician. I am hoping for the best. However, right now, baseball and the outcome of the game or even the season take a backseat to this young man's health and well being. He has potentially a long and very successful career with his talent, and he will have my prayers for a speedy and successful recovery - because that is what is important.

From what I have read not only do patellar injuries look extremely painful, but it appears that often times this type of injury requires surgery.

I would not expect Richards to return to the team anytime this season, and hopefully its something that doesn't affect his career long term.

Amen to that, Cali. While I hope he does return this season, it should not be at the expense of his long term health and career. We have to look at the big picture. A young man's future and his health is what is important.

Well said.

Sosh calling it a "significant injury"

The Angels HAVE TO make a move.

Idc how you try and spin. It's limited out there

But I really hope we don't throw Wolf or Leblanc out there with the Window of opportunity we have this season.

It's a possibility that Richards will miss 3/4 of 2015 as well if it's a torn patellar tendon. That's Skaggs and Richards both out of the rotation for a year maybe

Edited by nando714

Richards, wow, our only answer to Hernandez in a 1 game playoff.  Gotta win the ALW now. 

The bummer was there was going to be no play at first, but he was hustling anyway.  Damn.

That said, best wishes to Richards for a quick & full recovery.

I don't see how they win the division without Richards. The other guys in the rotation have tough time getting through 6 innings let alone dominate. The offense is going to have to wake up and carry the team from this point to have a chance. They got it started tonight though

I don't see how they win the division without Richards. The other guys in the rotation have tough time getting through 6 innings let alone dominate. The offense is going to have to wake up and carry the team from this point to have a chance. They got it started tonight though

I'll take 6 innings with the bullpen we have now

(I thought I'd never say that so soon)