• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards seriously injures knee

Brandon

That's a stupid ass statement. He could have blown out his knee in inning one. This injury has nothing to do with work load.

I completely agree on the type of injury being one he could have sustained at any point, but I always thought it was stupid to rely so heavily on him when he's never thrown this many innings. But the point is he was likely to get injured at some point and this team did nothing to prepare/ had no plan to limit the workload. I can't be the only one who thought he was an injury waiting to happen, it just didn't occur in the expected way

Then call me an idiot. 

The kid was a beast. 

I agree, but so were Jose Fernandez, Matt Harvey, Corbin and the list goes on for young pitchers who are forced into heavy workloads. I know it wasn't a workload related injury but we should have been better prepared with more depth than Randy Wolf

DiPoto must be working the phones like crazy right now. They can have all the Rondons they want.

With only one off-day until September 25, a 5th starter is imperative asap.

In the old days teams went with four starters. We might be able to do that on an emergency basis, but not for long. The bullpen could be called upon after five innings. Limit starters' pitch counts.

I completely agree on the type of injury being one he could have sustained at any point, but I always thought it was stupid to rely so heavily on him when he's never thrown this many innings. But the point is he was likely to get injured at some point and this team did nothing to prepare/ had no plan to limit the workload. I can't be the only one who thought he was an injury waiting to happen, it just didn't occur in the expected way

Limit his workload? Give me a break. This isn't a 23 year old rookie. To try to assume something like this was bound to happen is ridiculous. Go ahead and play the blame game, even though this is a random accident that could have happened to anyone on any team.

you're talking about arm injuries for a guy who blew out his knee covering first. they're not related. you're comparing apples to radiators.

I agree, but so were Jose Fernandez, Matt Harvey, Corbin and the list goes on for young pitchers who are forced into heavy workloads. I know it wasn't a workload related injury but we should have been better prepared with more depth than Randy Wolf

Yep, we should have traded for Price and Lester just in case another starter blows out his knee.