• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards seriously injures knee

Brandon

My guess if i had to take one and since I've slept in a Holiday Inn before -- patellar tendon injury.

Hope it's just dislocated and nothing torn.

http://nemsi.uchc.edu/clinical_services/orthopaedic/knee/patellar_dislocation.html

Normal care of patellar dislocations, when a loose fragment has not been created is the immobilization of the knee for a short period of time (seven to 10 days). During this time, the swelling is reduced and the acute discomfort of the dislocation decreases. Slow mobilization of the knee and of the patellofemoral joint is then begun, and usually full recovery can be expected within a three to six week period. This period of time is significantly lengthened when the patellar dislocation is recurrent.

Hope it's just dislocated and nothing torn.

http://nemsi.uchc.edu/clinical_services/orthopaedic/knee/patellar_dislocation.html

Normal care of patellar dislocations, when a loose fragment has not been created is the immobilization of the knee for a short period of time (seven to 10 days). During this time, the swelling is reduced and the acute discomfort of the dislocation decreases. Slow mobilization of the knee and of the patellofemoral joint is then begun, and usually full recovery can be expected within a three to six week period. This period of time is significantly lengthened when the patellar dislocation is recurrent.

If it's a rupture and requires surgery he's 4-6 months from being able to get back to doing sports activities.   Been there.  I got fat sitting around doing nothing.

Edited by Inside Pitch

If ligaments are torn, it's the end of the season for Richards.

Who told you that the ligaments are torn? Sure, it's a hypothetical situation, but why is everyone directly going to the Armageddon assumptions? Yes, awful, awful situation. But in no way does this mean that the Angels 100% doomed for the 2014 season.

Didn't quite see this, sir.

Mostly what is being missed with him out or how it affects the rotation.

At this point, I'd take 2-3 starts of Michael Roth to have Richards back this season. And with that, that's only 2-3 games without Richards, which will not break the season. What really irks me is how everyone in this thread wrote the Angels off the second Richards hit the floor. Have some faith, fellas. 

Who told you that the ligaments are torn? Sure, it's a hypothetical situation, but why is everyone directly going to the Armageddon assumptions? Yes, awful, awful situation. But in no way does this mean that the Angels 100% doomed for the 2014 season.

At this point, I'd take 2-3 starts of Michael Roth to have Richards back this season. And with that, that's only 2-3 games without Richards, which will not break the season. What really irks me is how everyone in this thread wrote the Angels off the second Richards hit the floor. Have some faith, fellas. 

No one knows the extent of his injury, but early indications are out for the season. Not just missing 2-3 starts like it's the flu.