• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards seriously injures knee

Brandon

I've seen the re-play a few times -- geez, he just sort of crumbles as he approaches the bag at first........

did he twist his ankle wrong, it's almost as he stepped in a gopher hole or something -- he's moving to the bag and then just crumbles hitting the ground awkwardly which couldn't have helped things.

OUCH.

Geez......terrible.

There's definitely a lot of big names this offseason. Would have to backload a deal since 2016 is pretty rough with CJ/Weav/Hamilton/Pujols/Trout all getting significant raises. It's workable though since Weav/CJ are off the books after 2016, and you still will have young guys like Skaggs, Richards, Santiago, Shoemaker in the fold and under club control during that time. Halos will likely be major players for one of the big name FA arms this winter, especially if RIchards ends up having to miss part of next season

Really hope it's not a torn patellar tendon, but the quotes from Weav, etc don't sound good.

There are a lot of good starting pitching options next year and I could certainly see the Angels targeting James Shields or perhaps Justin Masterson or even Brandon McCarthy on the back end. Scherzer sounds too expensive.

Also there are some trade options that might come into play such as Johnny Cueto (if the Reds can't extend him), Chad Billingsley, et al.

This is heart-wrenching..I almost had to quit my training session half way through because of this. F*cking gyms TV's with ESPN all over them -- my eye sight is terrible so I just saw a white guy in an Angels uniform on the ground, first thing to come to my mind was ''Please don't let it be Richards''.

I ran halfway through the gym to get a better look and it was. At first I thought Richards had fainted/died (they showed an ambulance and Red Sux fans in awe/shock -- which was a rare feat) so I had no idea what was happening. Devastating news, just devastating. I felt like crap, I can't imagine how bad Richards must have felt after it happened.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I really just hope it's not a PCL. One of my best friends in college was a baseball player that tore his PCL trying to lunge for the bag to beat out an infield single. Nine years later, he just had his fifth surgery. It's the same injury that derailed Kevin Garnett for two plus years.

Edited by Don

There are a lot of good starting pitching options next year and I could certainly see the Angels targeting James Shields or perhaps Justin Masterson or even Brandon McCarthy on the back end. Scherzer sounds too expensive.

Also there are some trade options that might come into play such as Johnny Cueto (if the Reds can't extend him), Chad Billingsley, et al.

Cueto, while very, very good, is usually an injury waiting to happen. This year has been the exception to the rule.

This is coming from someone who used to own him in fantasy, got frustrated with him always being injured, and traded him away.

this really sucks.  feel horrible for the kid.  he was doing everything I though he would do and earlier than I expected.  Next year means nothing at this point.  They have the best record in baseball and have gone all in to this point.  You can't give the season away now.  If this happens a month or so ago, maybe you look to next year, but now you have to see it thru.  Gotta get a starter.  Have to. 

this really sucks.  feel horrible for the kid.  he was doing everything I though he would do and earlier than I expected.  Next year means nothing at this point.  They have the best record in baseball and have gone all in to this point.  You can't give the season away now.  If this happens a month or so ago, maybe you look to next year, but now you have to see it thru.  Gotta get a starter.  Have to. 

Actually, if this had happened a month ago, there would have been more options to pursue in trades.

I've seen the re-play a few times -- geez, he just sort of crumbles as he approaches the bag at first........

did he twist his ankle wrong, it's almost as he stepped in a gopher hole or something -- he's moving to the bag and then just crumbles hitting the ground awkwardly which couldn't have helped things.

OUCH.

Geez......terrible.

Could have been the field (own Red Sox players have even commented on the condition over the years), could have been the knee being weakened already, could have been a fluke planting of the foot as he went to cover 1B.

In any event, it sucks for him.

My guess if i had to take one and since I've slept in a Holiday Inn before -- patellar tendon injury.

Garrett Richards injury 'significant'

Angels pitcher Garrett Richards is scheduled to fly back to Los Angeles on Thursday to be examined by team doctors for what manager Mike Scioscia called a "significant injury" to his left patellar tendon.

There's definitely a lot of big names this offseason. Would have to backload a deal since 2016 is pretty rough with CJ/Weav/Hamilton/Pujols/Trout all getting significant raises. It's workable though since Weav/CJ are off the books after 2016, and you still will have young guys like Skaggs, Richards, Santiago, Shoemaker in the fold and under club control during that time. Halos will likely be major players for one of the big name FA arms this winter, especially if RIchards ends up having to miss part of next season

Really hope it's not a torn patellar tendon, but the quotes from Weav, etc don't sound good.

I almost gaurantee its a torn patella. The fact that a bulge was in his quad, and he was pointing to his quad (The knee cap goes up intot he quad on a torn patella)...Not good...2016 might be the next time we see him pitching.