• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Positive Roster Decisions

If all position players are healthy (granted, that is a big qualification) and if the team keeps 12 pitchers, which 2 players do you keep of this group?

Green

Ibanez

Jimenez

Navarro

Stewart

I think Green should be the top guy to stay and then let Ibanez stick around through mid to late June to see if he has anything left.

I have a feeling Stewart and/or Ibanez might be facing a DFA soon.

Edited by YouthofToday

Green for sure and one of Ibanez/Navarro depending on whether you think Ibanez can be an asset to a team aspiring to a championship run. That gives IF and OF corner positional versatility plus workable bats from either side of the plate. McDonald and Cowgill would be the up the middle guys or late inning defensive upgrades.

I think Ibanez should be moved to the 25 man coaching squad.

How did Manny Mota both coach and hit for the Dodgers. Does anyone remember that? I just have memories as a kid of him coaching at I think first base and then also coming in as a pinch hitter.

I was just having this conversation with my brother. And I agree that the two that should stay are Cron and Green.

Release Stewart and Ibanez.

Would love an everyday lineup (are as close as one can be for Sosh) of:

Calhoun

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Howie

Freese

Ianetta/Conger

Aybar

With having the ability to ocassionally start, or have off the bench, Cowgill, Green and McDonald

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I think Green should have made the 25 man roster out of Spring Training -- and I would have kept him instead of Ian Stewart -- but Ian Stewart played well during ST and then did well in the early season for us before tailing off lately......I'd pick Green over Stewart now - at this point......I think Green has been proven to be what some of us indicated he would be out of ST -- very versatile -- more so because he can also play a decent LF in addition to the corners and MIF spots.....he's hitting, too -- an added bonus.

CJ Cron -- tough call here -- nothing the guy has done up with the Halos suggests he should be sent back down -- the question remains -- would be get sufficient playing time on the big club?

I think between DH and 1B he would..........I would keep him and DFA  Ibanez..........not sure if that will be the move, though.

Navarro -- has played well during is stint up with the big club but needs more time in the minors and needs to play every day. Easy call to send him back down.

Jimenez -- can't keep Green and Jimenez -- I'd keep Green........the real question is -- are the Halos ready to say the Freese deal was a mistake and keep Green up in that Freese spot which then opens up the Stewart spot for Jimenez......Jimenez another guy who needs to play everyday, though, and won't do that this year in Anaheim.......anyway, no way Halos front office waives DFA/ white flag on Freese.......who is worse on D than advertised (and wasn't advertised as much) and his base runner skills earn him the moniker : Mr. GIDP.  The deal wasn't bad for a flyer and Bourjos wasn't going to play much in Anaheim this year anyway - pluse we got Salas, pen help that we needed........I don't know, my take is Freese is a flop and I'd call it now........but Halos won't. That's OK.

Lucho is fun because he brings energy to the team but unfortunately for him, all he provides is great D at 3B. Halos are already getting that from McDonald, so Lucho goes back to AAA when Freese returns

Navarro clearly goes down when Calhoun returns and Hamilton coming back shortly after. Just no room for him

Green should fully replace Stewart. Was crushing in AAA and is doing well so far in the bigs and looks like he's being groomed as their super utility guy who can play all over the field

The tough one is Cron/Ibanez. Not tough for me, but I don't think the Halos are fully giving up on Ibanez just yet.

Changing up things would be a mistake considering how well the team has been playing.

Send down Old John McDonald. I'd like to see Ibañez cut, but I think it would be a mistake given his "leadership." He should be relegated to pinch hit situations imo.

Edited by failos

I think McDonald stays -- he's contributed -- is gold on defense and is part of the positive chemistry........

not so sure about Ibanez........I agree with prior posts -- add him to the coaching staff or something.......

Cron vs. Ibanez seems like a no-brainer to me and it appears that's what we'll get -- there will be no brains making this decision -- Ibanez stays. Cron gets sent out.

Changing up things would be a mistake considering how well the team has been playing.

Send down Old John McDonald. I'd like to see Ibañez cut, but I think it would be a mistake given his "leadership." He should be relegated to pinch hit situations imo.

I agree on McDonald. Green and Cron's bats are far more valuable than a late-inning defensive replacement.

I wouldn't lose sleep if McDonald, Ibanez and Stewart are let go of next week.