• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Positive Roster Decisions

heading into the second half of the season soon -- you're really going to want McDonald's veteran experience over Jimenez........

and McDonald has, as has been mentioned, been stellar on D at 3B/SS and can play 2B as well. And he's actually hit better than expected -- a bonus.

Green IMO can be a great contributor to the team the rest of the season -- and Cron gives the Halos some real pop -- geez, Cron has a great swing and just seems to smack line drives......

The greatest part of McDonald starting is, that Scioscia is willing to pinch hit for him whenever he comes up to hit in an important situation.

With our nice hitting bench, it's almost like having half of another DH.

Edited by moccasin

Changing up things would be a mistake considering how well the team has been playing.

Send down Old John McDonald. I'd like to see Ibañez cut, but I think it would be a mistake given his "leadership." He should be relegated to pinch hit situations imo.

Send down McDonald?

Guys, I don't think Cron is getting sent down. Not as long as he's producing.

I believe when they signed Ibañez it was to keep just until Cron was ready. If he performed well and forced then to keep him, all the better. But he signed a pretty insignificant contract and since it's incentive based it saves them money to release him.

As I said on another thread, there's no reason to get rid of Ibañez until everyone else is healthy. That day is coming in about 8-9 days. I think that's all the time Ibañez has left to show something.

I can't see Ibañez staying and Cron going. However, I can see ibanez staying and Green going. Once Calhoun and Hamilton are back, Green won't play OF. They're gonna give Freese the benefit of the doubt to pick up where he left off the last few games before he was hurt. So what does Green do? Sits.

They may prefer him to play every day and work on his defense and have ibanez be the lefty bat off the bench.

Cowgill

McDonald

Conger

Green 60 percent/Ibañez 40 percent

My 2 cents

Of course something else could happen in the next 8 days that were not even thinking about.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

It's easy to make fun of Raul but he seems like a genuinely cool dude and I'm sure he is a positive veteran presence on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a phantom injury when guys start coming back. Or I wonder if he'd accept a AAA assignment for a bit just to stick around, if he really believes this team is going somewhere and it's his last shot. Daily ABs could also help get his swing back.

Either way, I hope he remains part of this team this year. I just don't want to see him batting cleanup if he's batting average is .150.

I'm right with you man. I hope he stays with this organization, but I think his playing days are just about done. I'd love to see him stay on as a minor league hitting instructor or manager.

I retract some of what I wrote yesterday.

Ibañez is not going to be released.

Stewart is probably going to AAA. He has an option apparently.

Jimenez and Navarro are going down when Freese and Calhoun come back.

So it's Cron or Green who goes when Hamilton comes back. With the caveat that they have a week of at-bats between now and then, my guess is Green goes and Cron stays but the more I think about the more I can see it going either way.

As for who goes when De La Rosa and Burnett come back, that's anyone's guess. Doesn't sound like DFA'ing Jepsen is an option. They like him still. Salas, Kohn, Morin, Santiago then.

I retract some of what I wrote yesterday.

Ibañez is not going to be released.

Stewart is probably going to AAA. He has an option apparently.

Jimenez and Navarro are going down when Freese and Calhoun come back.

So it's Cron or Green who goes when Hamilton comes back. With the caveat that they have a week of at-bats between now and then, my guess is Green goes and Cron stays but the more I think about the more I can see it going either way.

As for who goes when De La Rosa and Burnett come back, that's anyone's guess. Doesn't sound like DFA'ing Jepsen is an option. They like him still. Salas, Kohn, Morin, Santiago then.

Really? They still like Jepsen? 

That is just crazy...........Jepsen is not a rookie anymore, this is his 7th year and he never had a sub .300 ERA, that is very bad for a RP. 

There is almost zero chance that he would get better, they really need to give him up.

Wow, I'm really surprised Stewart has an option left. If so we should totally use it.

I was surprised too. He won't have it for long. Once a player hits 5 years service time he essentially loses his options because then he needs to consent to be sent down. Stewart is about two months away from that.