• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Before Angelswin.com???

I started out on OMB and the CBS Angels page.  The CBS page only had a handful of people that would post semi-regularly and the OMB seemed to be a little punchy whenever I would lurk there.  Found AW and never went back to the other sites.  I think what got me lurking was the potential for a Miguel Cabrera trade with Florida back in 2006 or 2007 (?).

Original name was after a favorite band then I think with the first update Chuck did we all had to reregister and upon doing so many of us just started using our real names since we were starting to do board functions and get togethers for games and it just seemed weird to introduce yourself as MikeTroutsBallSack94 to people. 

You were DestinysChild7?

Also, MikeTroutsBallSack94 would be especially weird considering Mike was 12 years old in 2004.

OMB and the AOL board before that.

I regularly took on Lee, and was banned about a dozen times from the OMB. Lee was a bonified asshole, and I always told him I would be around, posting on Angels boards for years, long after he blew out his arteries. I used to communicate with a gal who was a wounded veteran who confronted Lee at his "boweling alley" She went there with backup to confront him, and when she saw him she felt sorry for him and just left. I still do the best Lee imitations of anyone. Now and then you will see them in my posts.

Your and idoit still lives on here.

Old#30 was Fozzie who had the Haloheaven board when it was active. Good guy, I wonder if he posts or lurks here.

1forweaver, was a gal named Sue, who I think committed MB suicide when PB was traded.

Lifetime was an OMB poster under different names, and he and I went at it regularly both on the OMB and here.

FWIW, which is not much, I'm still here and Lee and Lifetime are not.

Fozzy has come to our Spring Training Event the past 3 years. 

One night in January of 2004, I heard on the radio on my way home that it appeared the Angels were about to sign Vlad Guerrero. This was before twitter and facebook. And MySpace sucked ass. (is that thing still around?) So I went to the ESPN website on the Angels page. Found a message board there and the rest is history. Best thing that happened to this Angels fan. (Post World Series Championship)

Edited by xboom28x

Started on the LA Times Angels Forum back in 1995, then went to Delphi's LA Times Refugees Forum created by Big Del (Tony Delnoce) who has since moved to Ohio and become more of a Reds fan than Angels fan (he moved to Ohio in 2003). HaloMan who started this thread went by Beerman, then there was AngelsJunky, Pablo, Salome, Stephen Smith (Batboy) and another 5-10 others (including the infamous Carl - Texas troll). 

During the 2002 season I started posting half of the time on the ESPN Angels board and the Delphi Forums, created the site in 2003, went live with AngelsWin.com in 2004 right after the first of the year. Toward the end of the 2004 season some of the regulars on the from the ESPN board joined Adam, Victor, Oz, RevRobby (and a few others), but the mass migration from ESPN happened in 2006. The trolls there were a bit much, we had a controlled environment of just Angels fans, not trolls of other teams bombarding the board like they did the ESPN board. In 2007-2008 a good majority of the regulars from the OMB (Angels Official Forum) moved over to AngelsWin.com, as did others from Halo Haven, Scout Forums and other places. 

Funny, back to the ESPN mass migration. Brian Ilten (Angel25Fan) was the moderator for the Angels ESPN board. He was off on vacation in Florida sometime during the 2006 season. Trolls were out of control and there was no moderator around. When Brian came back from vacation, nobody was left on the ESPN board, they were all at AngelsWin.com. I had made some friends from the ESPN board, including Brian, so he didn't mind coming over and inviting the rest of the remaining peeps lurking and posting on that board. 

AngelsWin.com has gone through 4 different forum designs/software since we launched in '04. This one is obviously the best by far and outside of a few additions and software updates, I think we'll be on this one for good. 

That's kind of it in a nutshell. 

I started off on the OMB, ESPN and FutureAngels sites and formed a profile here very early on in 2004. I remember the GSC with Lee and all that drama, so I mostly lurked on here for a very long time. In 2007 (I think) Chuck posted that he was looking for more people to help with the site. I wanted some creativity in my life and offered to help with the writing. And, well, the rest just happened. Honestly, I still can't believe all the cool things that this site has done and how much it has grown.

I was just looking for a place to discuss baseball in a Google search. I had previously tried the team forums ESPN but I got sick of all the trolls (mainly fans of rival teams who just talked smack but didn't really contribute anything) who interfered with pretty much every conversation. I found this place and an Atlanta Braves board at about the same time. I still come here, but I haven't been on the Braves board in at least a couple of years. Just not as much fun discussion going on there.

Being a fan on the east coast, I was depending on the ESPN site to get my scores and info. I found their fan forum was a great place to lurk and pick up more info than what was being reported. I moved over with everyone else when Chuck opened up shop in 2004.

I remember CarlG and Nugs causing all kinds of trouble.

Before I had access to the internet, my girlfriend (wife now) used to work at a place that was hooked up. She used to go to LA Times site, print out all the articles re the Angels, and fax them over to me. My local paper had a printing deadline that was usually before the west coast games ended, so it would just say LATE.

Can't believe i am the only one who admits going on the "Batboy's " site. I use to go on there before i found the other sites as they came along. The site was ok , until the batboy got into arguing with everyone.

Personally, I think the 45 year-old batboy got a big head after appearing on a few pre-game shows about 10 years back to talk about his site and the prospects.

I started off on the OMB, ESPN and FutureAngels sites and formed a profile here very early on in 2004. I remember the GSC with Lee and all that drama, so I mostly lurked on here for a very long time. In 2007 (I think) Chuck posted that he was looking for more people to help with the site. I wanted some creativity in my life and offered to help with the writing. And, well, the rest just happened. Honestly, I still can't believe all the cool things that this site has done and how much it has grown.

The GSC was pure gold.

By the way, ***** for you Dave.

I posted for a long time on the ESPN boards. I sometimes still miss Nugs. I had trouble with my registration for this site at first when everyone left so I went to the OMB for awhile but I eventually was able to get on this site and it's much better.

AOL, Stats Inc, and Scout.com.   Original name was Haloswin, switched Inside Pitch when I worked the Angels stuff for the Real Fans and later CBS Sportsline networks and also to try to cut down on some of the BS when talking baseball with xenophobes on opposing team's message boards.  Brian and Tank told me about this board early on, I took my time getting here, a combination of having grown up and dedicating all my time to growing my business at the time and going to all the games.  

Stephen Smith was always a hypocritical dolt.  Don't let the commercials fool you, the Dos XXs guy is not the most interesting man alive -- Tank is.