• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Before Angelswin.com???

It has been 10 plus years now but how did you get together and talk Angel Baseball before Chuckyyy put this site together? Were you part of another forum ? Did you just check the paper for your Angel fix each day? How did you get together and share Angel baseball before this site went up. It took me almost the full 10 years before I became a regular here to the site. Now I check it several times a day,  And I have to admit chuckyyy and the mods have done a great job putting the site together and getting a huge group of posters in here to talk Angels baseball. At times I wonder if it its to much Go go go Angels and negative opinions of the Angels seem to be frowned upon. But I have really not been here long enough to say that is true or not. I think posters should have the freedom to post what they think rather it is pro or con... Of course no one wants shot out spammers spamming the site and I think a good job is done to prevent that. But overall great job by chuckyyy and crew in putting this site together and keeping it going.

For me I was part of the group that was formed on the L.A. Times message board. We had a pretty tight knit group of posters there. People like Chuckyyy, Delnoce, Pablo , Halo (Scott Thurman) , Mark Hennemeth I believe Angelsjunky and Desar were also a part of that group. And we had carl and moneyg a couple Ranger fans who would come and talk smack, Along with Angelina a Marineer fan who would talk smack also. We also had several others who posted with us. It was a pretty tight group and I really enjoyed it until the L.A. Times shut it down. I went by Beerman even though I don't drink I cold not help but get the commercials out of my head of the The Beerman and thus used it as a user name. After the L.A.Times shut us down we bounced from message board to message board but nothing ever seemed to fit or stay long. Till chuckyyy opened up this site and I'm glad he did.

So how did you find your way here and how did you get your Angels fix before this site became available? And of course how did you come by your username?

I posted a bit on the AOL forum and on the ESPN. What I really would do is go there for information or rumors but not participate much. I would also go onto AOL chat rooms to talk sports to get my fix. Luckily I always had my brother or best friend to talk Angels Baseball with. I have been here pretty much from the beginning or within a few months of the beginning and I've been pretty active for the last five years or so.

In all seriousness, I used to post on the infamous OMB (the message board on the Angels' official website). I also spent some time posting on a board called Halo Haven (not to be confused with Halos Heaven, which is completely different) before it shut down. 

I used to go on to the Yahoo boards until they changed their format. They may have gotten rid of the message boards entirely. I remember Victorious Ghost was a regular poster there. I can't even remember what username I went by back then, but it wasn't HeavenlyHalos.

I would post on there as "rik1u"

OMB mostly reading. Couldn't figure out why Lee the Wise Old Owl got so much abuse...

I recall some in-fighting between a couple ladies as well.

I could take or leave Lee, until he trashed poster Jack Daly one day, and then that was it and I loved the "Lie Hard" tribute to Lee on the OMB that started from Lee claiming that someone on the OMB slashed his tires while he was bowling.

I do remember a Weaver female poster going at it with another female poster.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I could take or leave Lee, until he trashed poster John Daly one day, and then that was it and I loved the "Lie Hard" tribute to Lee on the OMB that started from Lee claiming that someone on the OMB slashed his tires while he was bowling.

I do remember a Weaver female poster going at it with another female poster.

lol...Lee accused OldNo30 of slashing his tires.  and that was probably me that got into it with 1forweaver (or whatever her name was that day)  

I was on the OMB for a long time, then Halo Haven (the site bumpy mentioned) and then here.  

Was searching for info about us signing Carlos Beltran in 2003 and came across the ESPN forum. It seemed more up to the minute opposed to news reports, even if it was just speculation.

Made the mass migration with everyone else in 2004 when Chuck invited us over after many were upset with the trolls there.

Original name was after a favorite band then I think with the first update Chuck did we all had to reregister and upon doing so many of us just started using our real names since we were starting to do board functions and get togethers for games and it just seemed weird to introduce yourself as MikeTroutsBallSack94 to people. Probably not a wise move as there were some creepers, but great place nonetheless with plenty of friendships, hangouts, and special events.

I too used to frequent the OMB mostly as a lurker with occasional interaction.There sure were some characters on that board. I actually kind of felt bad for Lee, although he may deserved some of the hate I don't think the constant bashing was necessary.

Edited by The Dude

Angels OMB in the early 2000's prior to MLB sanitizing and homoginizing all the teams boards. It was a small crew back then, but there was definitely an interaction between the members of that board and the FO. Met several people a long time ago at the tailgating parties we would have under the Big A before the games.

Got to meet one fan who flew in from Amsterdam to attend the tailgate and the game. Now THAT was some dedication right there. He and I remain good friends to this day.

The only question I had was what ever happened to the Brandon on that board? That guy got banned and unbanned more than any other person I've ever seen on any message board before or since.

OMB and the AOL board before that.

I regularly took on Lee, and was banned about a dozen times from the OMB. Lee was a bonified asshole, and I always told him I would be around, posting on Angels boards for years, long after he blew out his arteries. I used to communicate with a gal who was a wounded veteran who confronted Lee at his "boweling alley" She went there with backup to confront him, and when she saw him she felt sorry for him and just left. I still do the best Lee imitations of anyone. Now and then you will see them in my posts.

Your and idoit still lives on here.

Old#30 was Fozzie who had the Haloheaven board when it was active. Good guy, I wonder if he posts or lurks here.

1forweaver, was a gal named Sue, who I think committed MB suicide when PB was traded.

Lifetime was an OMB poster under different names, and he and I went at it regularly both on the OMB and here.

FWIW, which is not much, I'm still here and Lee and Lifetime are not.

Edited by Homebrewer