• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Before Angelswin.com???

I vaguely remember the OMB.  I was upset because I couldn't use the term "a SS" as in, "Brandon Wood is more valuable as a SS and not a 3B". 

Filters thought I was trying to cuss.  But I do remember Lee, the old man and I remember some lady that really liked Jered Weaver.  I also remember thinking the Angels were totally going to trade Erick Aybar and let Brandon Wood play SS, and that Gabe Jacobo was going to be a decent power hitter off the bench.  

On 5/3/2014 at 2:59 PM, RallyMo said:

ESPN

Most of the initial surge came from ESPN. We had a pretty good community going there and ESPN screwed it up royally.

Thank goodness. This forum has been wonderful.

Yeah - the ESPN Angels Board was pretty good  back in the day and was for quite some time before some incessant trolling took over and got ridiculous -- about this time Chuck had put together AW.com and it was pretty amazing --- one day Chuck or some one (might not have been Chuck but one of the AW folks who was on the ESPN Board) said - hey - AW.com is up and running and is the start of something good.........starting tomorrow let's all go over there -- and it happened.......everyone left the ESPN board all within a day or two went to AW.com and never looked back........I've gone back to check the ESPN site about twice in the last ten years (does ESPN even have team boards any more? Have not checked in a quite a while). The last time was perhaps three years ago and it was a ghost town......  AW.com TEN YEARS IN -- WOW!!  Time does fly. A lot of good folks here and a lot of good things here.

Before AngelsWin I would have to carve out "Fire Marcel Lachemann" on a stone tablet, load the tablet up in my covered wagon, and take the Oregon Trail to deliver the tablet to Chuck's cave. I lost many good oxen during that time.....

I used to use carrier pigeons to exchange thoughts with Angel fans back in the day.  Every now and then, we'd lose a pigeon to a hawk and it would really slow down the conversation. 

Seriously, I started on an ESPN main board and a group of us (fans of a wide variety of teams) started finding other places to talk baseball to get away from all the craziness.  I eventually landed on Scout (it was called something else originally) and I was suspended for trolling the Braves board (back when the Braves were good).  I settled in on the Angels board where I enjoyed reading @Inside Pitch whenever he would post there.  I had a completely different name on that board.  Scout had a good A's board that I would interact with once in a while. 

Back in the Lakers hey-day, I spent most of my time on the Scout Lakers board.  Funny, I don't even watch basketball any more.

I don't remember how I found AW.  I used to visit Halo Heaven too for a short time.  They did a feature on my blog once.  Met RevHalo at a 66ers game when they invited bloggers to join them at a suite.  I know there's been issues with him, but he was always cool with me.  Ran into him again when Trout made his MLB debut.  Haven't seen him since - although I see him tweeting now and then.

AW is the best thing going for Angels fans.

On 5/4/2014 at 7:32 PM, RallyMo said:

It was like one week everyone was on the ESPN board and the next we were all over here.

yeah, that includes me.

I think I was on the old yahoo boards in the late 1990s, early 2000s, and I swear there were like five posts a week.  In the middle of 2002, I felt like I needed more interaction, and found the ESPN boards.  Then migrated here when everyone else did.

3 hours ago, John Taylor said:

Before AngelsWin I would have to carve out "Fire Marcel Lachemann" on a stone tablet, load the tablet up in my covered wagon, and take the Oregon Trail to deliver the tablet to Chuck's cave. I lost many good oxen during that time.....

Too funny! 

10 hours ago, halofanfare said:

Do you guys use any other forum or site besides angelswin? I mainly follow this and HalosHeaven, and to a lesser extent r/angelsbaseball

While there's nothing wrong with contributing to discussion and reading other fansites/websites, I think with most people's work and family schedules being so tight, it's easier to call just one place your home. 

Personally I'm only here for discussion, some twitter and Baseball America for their minor league content. 

HaloFan - thanks for the thread and the memories! Had no idea you were the old 'Beerman'!!  I've been Pablo since the early days on LATimes board. Good ol' Carl Golden - every board has an adversary. He had a partner in crime, too; remember Leisure Suit? He was like a stat-driven version of Carl.

On 5/3/2014 at 12:37 PM, Halofan said:

It has been 10 plus years now but how did you get together and talk Angel Baseball before Chuckyyy put this site together? Were you part of another forum ? Did you just check the paper for your Angel fix each day? How did you get together and share Angel baseball before this site went up. It took me almost the full 10 years before I became a regular here to the site. Now I check it several times a day,  And I have to admit chuckyyy and the mods have done a great job putting the site together and getting a huge group of posters in here to talk Angels baseball. At times I wonder if it its to much Go go go Angels and negative opinions of the Angels seem to be frowned upon. But I have really not been here long enough to say that is true or not. I think posters should have the freedom to post what they think rather it is pro or con... Of course no one wants shot out spammers spamming the site and I think a good job is done to prevent that. But overall great job by chuckyyy and crew in putting this site together and keeping it going.

For me I was part of the group that was formed on the L.A. Times message board. We had a pretty tight knit group of posters there. People like Chuckyyy, Delnoce, Pablo , Halo (Scott Thurman) , Mark Hennemeth I believe Angelsjunky and Desar were also a part of that group. And we had carl and moneyg a couple Ranger fans who would come and talk smack, Along with Angelina a Marineer fan who would talk smack also. We also had several others who posted with us. It was a pretty tight group and I really enjoyed it until the L.A. Times shut it down. I went by Beerman even though I don't drink I cold not help but get the commercials out of my head of the The Beerman and thus used it as a user name. After the L.A.Times shut us down we bounced from message board to message board but nothing ever seemed to fit or stay long. Till chuckyyy opened up this site and I'm glad he did.

So how did you find your way here and how did you get your Angels fix before this site became available? And of course how did you come by your username?

RIP @Halofan

@Pablo, I found out that Beerman passed away shortly after he posted this thread. I'm not sure of the cause of death.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

HaloFan - thanks for the thread and the memories! Had no idea you were the old 'Beerman'!!  I've been Pablo since the early days on LATimes board. Good ol' Carl Golden - every board has an adversary. He had a partner in crime, too; remember Leisure Suit? He was like a stat-driven version of Carl.

Yep, Carl used to harass us here too before he finally got the boot a few years ago.

I owe a lot of people here (who posted on the OMB)  an apology. This seems like the appropriate thrad to do this. Over eight years ago, when I was living in the Anaheim/Orange County Area, I was what a lot of people would refer to as a troll on the Angels OMB (no longer exists). A couple of months after I settled in Colorado Springs, CO; I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, and that opened my eyes as I learned about this disability. For anyone with Bipolar Disorder, feelings and views are usually very unstable, and therefore are often very inaccurate. After learning this, the trolling stopped. I have gotten along very well out here in my new home these last few years. I am a Civilian Contract Worker out at the U.S. Army Post at Fort Carson, I have written and published a few books, and celebrating 28 years as a Member of Toastmasters International. Again, I apologize to everyone.

• 2 years later...