• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DON'T BRING BLACK PEOPLE TO MY GAMES

Jay

Agreed, Bomani definitely has had the best stance.  Stephen A brought up slavery.  You cannot compare paying someone millions of dollars to play a sport to slavery.

Stephen A Smith is a ****ing idiot, I am not surprised.  Can't figure out why ESPN employs him.

"The big question is “What should be done next?” I hope Sterling loses his franchise. I hope whoever made this illegal tape is sent to prison. I hope the Clippers continue to be unconditionally supported by their fans. I hope the Clippers realize that the ramblings of an 80-year-old man jealous of his young girlfriend don’t define who they are as individual players or as a team. They aren’t playing for Sterling—they’re playing for themselves, for the fans, for showing the world that neither basketball, nor our American ideals, are defined by a few pathetic men or women"

Exactly right.

Wonder if the mistress will have the IRS after her for the expensive home and cars she got from Sterling.

For saying something stupid in his house?

I think what he said was incredibly ignorant but I kind of agree with this point. Who was more wrong, Sterling or that doctor that talked shit on the patient? Sterling allegedly said this at his home, the doctor said it at work and both were recorded.

I think what he said was incredibly ignorant but I kind of agree with this point. Who was more wrong, Sterling or that doctor that talked shit on the patient? Sterling allegedly said this at his home, the doctor said it at work and both were recorded.

Sterling, easily.

Kudos to Silver for shitcanning Sterling, it's only unfortunate it took the NBA this long to do so considering Sterling's track record of being well...Donald Sterling.

Do you guys think this was just timing, since the Clippers are a rare favorite in the playoffs?

As for his comments, I think you're responsible for your mouth on or off camera/tape/etc.  Sterling seems to be a straight-up racist; I don't really follow the NBA enough to understand how he's survived this long!  "No Black people at my games!?"  Who does he think he primarily employs?!  Who does he think his mass-market is?!

He should be forced to sell the team, and go away.

Do you guys think this was just timing, since the Clippers are a rare favorite in the playoffs?

As for his comments, I think you're responsible for your mouth on or off camera/tape/etc.  Sterling seems to be a straight-up racist; I don't really follow the NBA enough to understand how he's survived this long!  "No Black people at my games!?"  Who does he think he primarily employs?!  Who does he think his mass-market is?!

He should be forced to sell the team, and go away.

Yes, the timing was bad and also that it came out on TMZ. That exposed it to a huge audience, only if you really followed sports or news closely did you know about Sterling before this. I remember reading about the housing lawsuits in 09 but that wasn't a big story when it should have been national news. He survived before the Clippers got good by being a cheap ass. The other owners saw him as an easy W and as long as the team was irrelevant even in LA Sterling was easy to ignore. This past weekend meant he couldn't be ignored any longer.

For saying something stupid in his house?

They may say its for that, but this is really about his entire tenure as owner of the Clippers.  He has been a bad guy the whole time.  If this was only about a private conversation I might agree.  

On the other hand, this is a league completely dominated by african americans.  If they chose to ignore this, they could have lost the league completely.  

I will not feel sorry for Donald Sterling, slumlord, scumbag, cheat and all around bad guy.

Yep and the players and fans will just blame the Donald if they lose.

I know it's hard for you to understand because you're white, but racism is an extremely venomous and personal thing. These guys are professional athletes playing at the highest level who need complete focus to win. To say this is a distraction would be an understatement

I know it's hard for you to understand because you're white, but racism is an extremely venomous and personal thing. These guys are professional athletes playing at the highest level who need complete focus to win. To say this is a distraction would be an understatement

Yes because I'm white I don't understand distractions. The Clipper players can either curl up and quit or they can rally around this as a team and play their asses off and win. It's not like players on other teams are saying, "we need to win for our owner". Teams play and compete for themselves and their team mates. I'm not saying they aren't dealing with a lot, I'm just saying they choose whether or not this defeats them or not. I do feel awful for the players (even though it is frowned upon on here to feel bad for millionaires) because this happened, but Donald has been a piece of shit for a very long time, and if the players didn't know that then shame on them.

Doc rivers is the s***. Easily my favorite coach and person in the NBA

I like the guy a lot. I just kind of wonder, after the season ends when all of this comes to a head between the league and Sterling, what will the players do? What kind of protest will they have? Sterling seems like an arrogant prick who just might not sell the team. If that happens will the players boycott the team? Will Rivers quit? This will be fascinating. I hope the Clips take care of business.

They may say its for that, but this is really about his entire tenure as owner of the Clippers.  He has been a bad guy the whole time.  If this was only about a private conversation I might agree.  

On the other hand, this is a league completely dominated by african americans.  If they chose to ignore this, they could have lost the league completely.  

I will not feel sorry for Donald Sterling, slumlord, scumbag, cheat and all around bad guy.

There are a lot of jerks and bad guys out there including Sterling.

I wonder what Al Davis' home arguments were like.  Or Oprah's?  I'll bet Spike Lee has some hum-dingers.

Things are going to get funny when people  start revealing recordings they've made of others during private arguments  at home. Did you hear the one that was recorded of Mel Gibson at home? Scary.

Bring em' on!

tuned in to the beginning of the broadcast of the game tonight. IF I HEARD HIM RIGHT, JA Adande said that if the league did not ban sterling, the players on both the clippers and warriors were prepared to boycott tonights game, and that included players on other teams like kevin durant and a couple other guys.

whoa. imagine what that would have been like. 

Yes, the timing was bad and also that it came out on TMZ. That exposed it to a huge audience, only if you really followed sports or news closely did you know about Sterling before this. I remember reading about the housing lawsuits in 09 but that wasn't a big story when it should have been national news. He survived before the Clippers got good by being a cheap ass. The other owners saw him as an easy W and as long as the team was irrelevant even in LA Sterling was easy to ignore. This past weekend meant he couldn't be ignored any longer.

That's about what I figured; thx

Sterling will be out of basketball, and there will be a new owner for the Clips next season.  Pretty well played by the NBA, I think.