• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DON'T BRING BLACK PEOPLE TO MY GAMES

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

This may get interesting. Don is refusing to sell the team and now going to play dirty. He has hired 4 PI's to investigate the 29 owners and NBA front office if they have said anything racist. He has given them over $100k and I'm sure a nice bonus if/when they find anything.

Good, I hope he wins.

The knee jerk reaction by Adam Silver because of walk out rumblings and a lack of due process should back fire on the league.

I think it was within a couple years ago that Kobe was fined (or maybe nothing happened) for making derogatory gay slurs and here someone else in the league makes similar inappropriate comments towards another group and now it's league banishment? Just doesn't add up. It's well documented about the DeVos family and their stance and comments about gays.....yet that's fine.

This is that slippery slope Mark Cuban was talking about.

Brandon, that's why I think this could be such an interesting court case to watch. What actual rules did sterling break? Did he ever discriminate because of his racial views?

I don't like anything this lunatic was caught saying, but I'm not sure the punishment fits the crime, even though this doofus has been one of the worst owners in professional sports.

Have to agree Brandon.

This leaked audio wasn't about race. Sterling is a control freak who was trying to control his mistress and got jealous she was hanging out with other men. As revenge, this low-life bitch tried blackmailing Sterling. She has HOURS of taped audio and chose that clip to fire a warning shot. But she had no clue it would cause this much of a firestorm and over-played her hand.

The extreme punishment set forth by the NBA is reckless. They have now allowed anyone to unlawfully tape an NBA owner and use that as blackmail. If the owner doesn't comply, then they will just hand it over to TMZ. Now the NBA will have to hand down the same punishment as Sterling's. Any disgruntled employee, even in the wrong, can overthrow an ownership with a simple audio clip.

I can't stand Sterling and him out of the NBA is probably good for basketball. But they chose the wrong route to ban him (they should have used his appalling Anderson Cooper interview instead).  Now Sterling says his investigators have dug up dirt on NBA execs/owners and it doesn't matter how they obtained the information. If it was lawful, then they will fight it in the court system which could take years thus delaying the sale of the Clippers. If the info was obtained unlawfully, Sterling can give them a taste of their own medicine. Just leak out the information and force the NBA to hand out the same punishment. If they don't, then Sterling's legal team will fight stating that Don should receive the same punishment.

I can't say I agree with Sterling's sentiments but I sure as hell applaud him for the PI moves, well played on his part.  It's going to be very interesting to see how this case unfolds.  I don't see any way it is resolved before the start of next season.  I wonder if the players will put their money where their mouths are?

Edited by halobob

• 2 weeks later...