• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Rant Thread: 4/7/14 Angels @ Astros ( No Freese)

Actually, this was like 5 of about 50 from the lookout landing blog.

I've seen him making two of those .gifs in person. But I've also seen him make some nice running catches, and ones he laid out for and nabbed. 

Like I said, I know he's not the greatest in the field, but he's not THAT bad. 

Is it too early for a must win game?  Getting swept by the Mariners, and splitting against the Astros isn't the start that any of us were hoping for.  But if we win, at least we win a series, and take 3 of 4 from the Astros.  

Must for the team? No. Must for the fans sanity? Abso****INGlutely!

Is it too early for a must win game?  Getting swept by the Mariners, and splitting against the Astros isn't the start that any of us were hoping for.  But if we win, at least we win a series, and take 3 of 4 from the Astros.  

Everybody preached the importance of a fast start because we would be playing against sub-par teams, particularly in the first 12 games.  If the Angels lose today they'll be 2-5 and will have to go 5-0 for the rest of them just to have a winning record.  4-1 makes them .500, which would still be a disappointment.  

It's difficult to have a must-win in the second week of the season, but yeah.  Losing those first three games really did hurt.  Fortunately, we're only 2 games behind at the moment

Since the org talked all spring about the importance of a great start this year, I'm thinking every game right now is a must win.

If what we are seeing is max effort, it doesn't bode well.

A diving catch for Ibanez = a routine catch for almost every other OFer.

Ibanez just may be the worst defensive player in baseball. There is absolutely no reason why he should be playing defense.

Seriously, Ibanez is super duper terrible in the field. The fact that Scioscia is voluntarily playing him in the OF is hilarious.

Ok, anyone can miss or drop balls... But TWO of those throws that go 20 feet before hitting the ground?  I have never seen that by any major leaguer, let alone two of them.

Try Chuck Knoblauch of the yanks, if you havn't seen any thing like that before :lol:

The ship shall be righted........ Patience's  Grasshoppers :D

Scioscia needs to stop experimenting with the lineups so goddamn much. Everyday there's a new nonsensical change—whether there's merit to the new lineups is irrelevant. This team needs consistency and this endless tinkering will prevent exactly that.

Sometimes I wonder if Scioscia is purposely sabotaging the team (not serious). He gives players the day off immediately after a good performance. Doing that can only stunt streaks and a player's rhythm.