• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Rant Thread: 4/7/14 Angels @ Astros ( No Freese)

Prediction: Ibanez hits 2 HR and makes a diving catch in left to save a run.

Yep! 

I know Ibanez isn't a gold glover in the outfield, but watching him up here in Seattle I've seen him make a lot of those diving catches and great running plays in LF.

You my as well get used to him playing the field and expect it will happen 1-2 times a month to give our regulars a break. He's not as bad as most of you think.

Yep! 

I know Ibanez isn't a gold glover in the outfield, but watching him up here in Seattle I've seen him make a lot of those diving catches and great running plays in LF.

You my as well get used to him playing the field and expect it will happen 1-2 times a month to give our regulars a break. He's not as bad as most of you think.

My post was in jest.  From what I've seen, he's absoutely brutal in the field.

My post was in jest.  From what I've seen, he's absoutely brutal in the field.

I've seen a mix, Jason. I've seen him get bad reads on balls, but I've also seen him show his athleticism and get good jumps on balls, making great running/diving plays. 

For an older guy, he's got some wheels.

I think there's a bit of an overreaction from some of our members here on his defense. 

I will tell you this, he's much better than Mark Trumbo in the outfield. And I know, that's not saying a whole lot. 

Yep!

Lol Chuck, diving catches just means that he broke late for the ball to begin with. But yeah, I hope he hits a couple of jacks. Go Angels!

Lol Chuck, diving catches just means that he broke late for the ball to begin with. But yeah, I hope he hits a couple of jacks. Go Angels!

When I was in eighth grade I was the MVP for the school softball team.  I played LF and I hit like Rod Carew (my favorite player back then) but in the field I would always wait a second on fly balls before running in so I could make the catch look better.  I hot-dogged it.  I will assume Ibanez is doing the same.

When I was in eighth grade I was the MVP for the school softball team. I played LF and I hit like Rod Carew (my favorite player back then) but in the field I would always wait a second on fly balls before running in so I could make the catch look better. I hot-dogged it. I will assume Ibanez is doing the same.

I remember reading where Kobe Bryant liked to keep games close in high school so he could be the hero in the 4th quarter. Yes Ibanez makes it entertaining to say the least.