• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Rant Thread: 4/7/14 Angels @ Astros ( No Freese)

The angels are super bipolar this season. They look damn near flawless in games won. But when they've lost games they look like a AA team unravelling in every aspect. When I see them play like Saturday I become incredibly optimistic, yet they'll completely break-down the very next day. Stop playing with my emotions you bastards

Yeah, seems like so far we're either losing by 5+ runs or winning by 5+ runs, and nothing in between, 

Again, your 5th best hitter bats 3rd. Hamilton is the team's best hitter right now, so he should bat 4th. Which he is.

I'm fairly certain that lineups aren't constructed by that criteria.

Yeah, seems like so far we're either losing by 5+ runs or winning by 5+ runs, and nothing in between,

Yeah, it boils down to a lack of consistency. I'm not sure how a team can become consistent in a short time span, but eliminating surprise lineups with a new batting order every game would be a good start to achieve consistency.

But they should be if a manager wants to win. But in reality your best possible lineup only adds about 2 wins versus your worst possible lineup, so it doesn't really matter.

Who suggests that the fifth best hitter bats third? And where do 1-4 bat?

But they should be if a manager wants to win. But in reality your best possible lineup only adds about 2 wins versus your worst possible lineup, so it doesn't really matter.

That's a very shallow perspective, in my opinion. It's not as black or white as you're suggesting. There are many vital considerations that must be made with respect to ordering a lineup. Putting the 'best hitter' at cleanup isn't going to be useful if nobody is on base for example.

Edited by failos

Iannetta has been TERRIBLE. How do you go from THAT good in spring to this bad. I don't buy much into spring training, but that swing is ridiculous.

He's always been hovering below mediocrity. Scioscia will continue to piss everyone off by starting him for the rest of the season, and Conger will be traded for a 35yr old Tommy John.

What kind of bs stat is this?  How can you know that putting your best lineup only adds 2 wins to your season?  That sounds like something pulled out of your ass.

Has anyone ever bat their best player 9th for a full season?  Was there some study done im not aware of?  

The way I've read it your best 4 just hit 1, 2, 4, and 5, and the order doesn't matter too much. But it does make sense to have the power guys lower and the Trout-types higher.

Makes absolutely zero sense to have your "best" hitter possibly not hit in the first inning if he is batting fourth.