• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

This is a spoiler for people who haven't read the book

Spoiler

Based on the trailer and the fact that Beric Dondarrion is alive and wielding a flaming sword, looks like they've decided to pass on Lady Stoneheart...thankfully....

or maybe they already showed he was back and I missed it

dope. watching the trailer it was that same violin from the last episode in the beginning when cersei goes gangster and fucks everyones shit up. so i wanted to watch the scene again and ended up watching the whole episode. later in the day hbo is doing some kind of weird out of order marathon and i was able to watch the first episode. kind of wild to see how everyone has aged or grown....obviously everyone knows bran has the reverse of benjamin button and is going to be 40 next season

• 3 weeks later...

No spoilers. Nothing worse than the asshole that tries to tip toe around plot points or gives their impression in a way that gives away things to smarter people. I actually forgot the show was even coming back on until I was invited. 

You know what to expect by now. Just watch and enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I would think so because I can't imagine that of the current players they'll all be left standing when the the white walkers attack.  

Hide contents

I'm curious if Euron's gift to Cersei is going to be him going after Tyrion.

Spoiler

I think, based on the trailers so far...it's probably more...

Spoiler

theon and yara

...though I can see him going after Tyrion

10 minutes ago, red321 said:
  Hide contents

I think, based on the trailers so far...it's probably more...

Reveal hidden contents

theon and yara

...though I can see him going after Tyrion

Book spoiler about Euron...

Could be the Dragonbinder horn he supposedly has in the books.  Would allow Cersei to control Daenerys dragons.

It could also be Gendry which is the last person who could technically take the throne from her.

17 minutes ago, Chimi said:

Book spoiler about Euron...

Hide contents

Could be the Dragonbinder horn he supposedly has in the books.  Would allow Cersei to control Daenerys dragons.

It could also be Gendry which is the last person who could technically take the throne from her.

Spoiler

Have they mentioned Dragonbinder in the tv show yet? They are usually pretty good about avoiding deus ex machina...oh look, I suddenly have this dragon killing device...drop your drawers. You would think they would have added that tidbit to his storyline already, or that it would have been mentioned somewhere...anywhere.

As for Gendry...that is going to be one buff mo fo...can you imagine how big his shoulders are going to be after rowing for all these years.

It appears game of thrones is just following the Greek/Persian Wars. Greece was a disjointed country of kingdoms that had wared with each other but with the threat of the Persian army under Xerxses had to unite for both land and sea battles.

The wall seems to represent Thermopylae with a small army trying to fill the gap that would prevent the land invasion. Whomever is King will perish due to treachery but will be the inspiration to fight on by others.

4 hours ago, red321 said:

Hide contents

Damn...Arya has turned into quick the psychopath hasn't she...and the two hands dig at Jamie was quite the line by Euron

I honestly expect Arya to kill all the nice Lanister soldiers. They made it a point that she meets these guys who defy her expectations. Perhaps it is just to help her hang on to what's left of her humanity, but knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised if they are there to give us an opportunity to see just how lost she is... sort of like Jaime Lanister in reverse.

3 hours ago, Chimi said:

Typical first episode of a season.  Which is fine when they had 10 episodes a season.  The other 6 episodes this season must be absolutely nuts.

I thought it was a really great first episode. My fear has been that a shortened season will result in a lot of good character stuff getting cut in favor of plot elements (something I think happened a bit too much in seasons 5 & 6). This was a very good character episode - in fact I think most of the scenes centered around establishing characters.

I thought it was in line with the other season openers.  Set the table so to speak.  I really liked several of the scenes.  Particularly the Sandor Cleganes return to that farm stead.  

The scene with Arya and the Lannister soldiers was really good as well I thought.  A good example of what I think the series does really well.  That is, showing that everything is very grey.  These aren't bad guys.  

The quibble I had with it was hat Dragonstone is apparently completely abandoned.  That struck me as sort of dumb.  But whatever tho.

One of the better episode 1's imo 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I honestly expect Arya to kill all the nice Lanister soldiers. They made it a point that she meets these guys who defy her expectations. Perhaps it is just to help her hang on to what's left of her humanity, but knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised if they are there to give us an opportunity to see just how lost she is... sort of like Jaime Lanister in reverse.

I bet she was going to....and then thought...I can't kill Ed Sheeran.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

I bet she was going to....and then thought...I can't kill Ed Sheeran.

A friend pointed out to me that the song was one from the books (sorry non book readers) the one that symon silvertongue used to try and blackmail Tyrion with over Shae.  Wonder if there's any significance there.