• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Armies don't fight long w/o food.  Gold in the end does them no good during a siege.  So the iron bank gets theirs (do they ?) but what's really important to cersei are those supplies and they're all gone.  Logistics is what wins wars ! I thought that was a really smart by the creators. 

I understand that but Daenerys armies need to eat too.  They went to an abandoned dragonstone which probably had little food.  She then sends her forces to Casterly Rock which Jaimie said they cleared out of food before the invasion.  Food is going to be an issue for her and Jon Snow's men.  I would think that they could have captured those supplies and used them instead of turning them to ash.  Maybe they saved some of it but the whole scene where the dragon just destroys a long line of supplies instead of the of the soldiers that were on either side of the supplies seemed to me like a waste.  Maybe they eat all the dead soldiers and my whole point is moot.

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I understand that but Daenerys armies need to eat too.  They went to an abandoned dragonstone which probably had little food.  She then sends her forces to Casterly Rock which Jaimie said they cleared out of food before the invasion.  Food is going to be an issue for her and Jon Snow's men.  I would think that they could have captured those supplies and used them instead of turning them to ash.  Maybe they saved some of it but the whole scene where the dragon just destroys a long line of supplies instead of the of the soldiers that were on either side of the supplies seemed to me like a waste.  Maybe they eat all the dead soldiers and my whole point is moot.

I mean, it's weird to say this since she unleashed drogon and the dothraki on them, but I think from the previews it seems that she doesn't annihilate all of them deliberately even though she clearly could have.  You're right about the supplies for her troops.  We'll see how they resolve that.  

Daenerys army can forage and create a supply line. If anything the Dragons can airlift food in. Losing this siege would be the worst management of resources in the entire series.

The only thing that is going to save Cersi is the army of the dead rolling up Daenerys rear and forcing a truce.

Edited by Blarg

I really enjoyed the episode save for 2 things.

1. A giant crossbow is able to wound a dragon? These people have been fighting against dragons for a thousand years with crossbows and no one thought "let's make a bigger one" until now?

2. Dragon fire melts thick castle walls made of stone. It vaporizes humans instantly. But being 5 feet or less under water protects you? Jaimie would be boiled alive.

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

I really enjoyed the episode save for 2 things.

1. A giant crossbow is able to wound a dragon? These people have been fighting against dragons for a thousand years with crossbows and no one thought "let's make a bigger one" until now?

2. Dragon fire melts thick castle walls made of stone. It vaporizes humans instantly. But being 5 feet or less under water protects you? Jaimie would be boiled alive.

Sounds like a good idea for a myth busters episode. 

I think you can read in Daenery's face that, she is not feeling the same superiority complex with Jon that she feels with everyone else.

He gives her respect, but is not initimidated by her, something she is not used to.

Also, his interaction with the dragon made quite an impression on her, as well as hints at the prophecy that he will be riding one by the end of the series.  

8 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I think you can read in Daenery's face that, she is not feeling the same superiority complex with Jon that she feels with everyone else.

He gives her respect, but is not initimidated by her, something she is not used to.

Also, his interaction with the dragon made quite an impression on her, as well as hints at the prophecy that he will be riding one by the end of the series.  

I think that scene made it pretty clear which dragon he's gona be riding, if ya know what I mean!

9 hours ago, nate said:

Not just who Jon's mom was, but that he wasn't a bastard because Egon married her and annulled his marriage to Dany's mom/aunt.

I thought Gilly said Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Elia Martell and married Lyana Stark?  So that would have been Dany's sister in law not mom/aunt?  Or am I reading your quote completely wrong?

15 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Nice of Gendry to finally show up. Even Davos made a joke about the rowing

I don't really like Gentry showing up... he never was all that significant aside from his status as Aryas friend. They seemed to try and really build up a new story and purpose for him that wasn't really there before. Last we saw he was just a regular guy trying to survive, now he's full-bore into his new persona as the son of Robert Baratheon. I have to wonder how much, if any of this comes from the books or from GRRM.

I'm also not really a fan of bringing back Jorah. I thought his goodbye and Danny's helpless command that he cure himself was a great send off for him at the end of S6. He had repaid his debt in saving her life twice over but was stuck with the consequences of that journey. His meeting Sam and inevitable cure seems too easy.

I just hope there is enough time for these characters to have a worthwhile impact on the story. Right now it feels like everyone is competing for screen time, which was an issue I thought Cerci had solved for viewers at the end of S6.