• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't really like Gentry showing up... he never was all that significant aside from his status as Aryas friend. They seemed to try and really build up a new story and purpose for him that wasn't really there before. Last we saw he was just a regular guy trying to survive, now he's full-bore into his new persona as the son of Robert Baratheon. I have to wonder how much, if any of this comes from the books or from GRRM.

I'm also not really a fan of bringing back Jorah. I thought his goodbye and Danny's helpless command that he cure himself was a great send off for him at the end of S6. He had repaid his debt in saving her life twice over but was stuck with the consequences of that journey. His meeting Sam and inevitable cure seems too easy.

I just hope there is enough time for these characters to have a worthwhile impact on the story. Right now it feels like everyone is competing for screen time, which was an issue I thought Cerci had solved for viewers at the end of S6.

I think bringing back Jorah for this makes total sense just because of his bloodlines.  The Gendry thing was whatever other than it being cool to see a dude swing a giant hammer.  I am pretty sure he will play a big part.

I actually think Cercei might die at the end of this season.  The prophecy says that she only has three kids so this one wont make it.

I think some of the issue is they are moving really quick now, to the point where they are losing some of the background. For example, Gendry has less to do with being Baratheon's bastard, and most likely he is one of the few people who knows how to work with Valyrian steel. 

12 minutes ago, nate said:

I think bringing back Jorah for this makes total sense just because of his bloodlines.  The Gendry thing was whatever other than it being cool to see a dude swing a giant hammer.  I am pretty sure he will play a big part.

I actually think Cercei might die at the end of this season.  The prophecy says that she only has three kids so this one wont make it.

Ive been sure Cerci will die at the end of the season since the end of last season.

The reveal of the pregnancy is going to make Jamie stabbing her in the back all the more savage.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

I think some of the issue is they are moving really quick now, to the point where they are losing some of the background. For example, Gendry has less to do with being Baratheon's bastard, and most likely he is one of the few people who knows how to work with Valyrian steel. 

Maybe, though I think Gentry actually pointed to Jon's Valerian steel sword and said something to the effect of 'you don't need a smith, but you could use someone who can fight'

Maybe there's something to Gendry rolling with a warhammer like his old man.  Also, awkward that he and Jon will be working together given that Gendrys father smashed Jon's fathers chest in.  

Also, I think it's becoming more and more likely that Tyrion is Dany's half brother.  Cause the Dragon tolerated him.

Edited by UndertheHalo

@UndertheHalo can you please put your second paragraph under the "spoiler" tag so folks who haven't read the book can choose whether they want a potential spoiler

Spoiler

Tyrion being a potential Targaryean has been a common theory, another "sign" being Joanna died during childbirth similar to how Lyanna Stark did. Would also give you the third rider. I think Daenery's mom died during child birth as well, no?

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

@UndertheHalo can you please put your second paragraph under the "spoiler" tag so folks who haven't read the book can choose whether they want a potential spoiler

Hide contents

Tyrion being a potential Targaryean has been a common theory, another "sign" being Joanna died during childbirth similar to how Lyanna Stark did. Would also give you the third rider. I think Daenery's mom died during child birth as well, no?

Oh my bad.  I just edited it out I'm dumb and don't really know what to do on my phone.  Really I don't really know how to do much other then respond in browser either lol.  I PM'd a response to the hidden portion. 

No problem...thanks for editing. A number of people reading this thread haven't read the books so we try and keep book spoilers out of it. At this point because the show is so far past the books it may not be necessary, but we try and be cautious

Next to the size button there is a eye icon. If you highlight the text you want to "hide", then press that button, it will put it under a spoiler tag. Or, you could go oldschool and type in a few lines of html.

Just now, ArturoMoreno said:

The way I see it, I think these characters are re-introduced for some shine-time before they are wasted in the show. Gilly drops that knowledge on Jon Snow, just as Gendry re-appears? Someone is going to get impaled by a white walker/wight. 

Jorah, too, exiled, then reunited, then self-exiled for medical treatment, reunited, then taking off to North of The Wall? And we expect him to come back to the Dragon Queen again? This guy won't last another 45-minutes. 

That's just me being negative though. I hope both survive. Then again, I hope the entire 'suicide squad' survives.

That was my cynical first reaction as well. I will be upset if that is Jorah's fate. If there are going to bring him back it has to be for more than just killing him off again. Gendry has red shirt written all over him, and I would be OK with them giving the fans what they want with regards to closure on the Gentry plot line (which I didn't find necessary.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:16 PM, red321 said:

I agree.  The episodes seem to be crammed and rushed with different scenes with important info that I feel like if I blink, I'll miss something important.

Too bad they weren't able to have 8 episodes this season with 7 next year, so the story lines would be fleshed out better.

56 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Ok serious question: What is a wight? I realize there is the wight walkers, but I always assumed it was white walkers. (I know, I'm white supremacist, yadda, yadda)

My wife was trying to figure that out and she said it might be a term for the undead.

I'll be honest, they are ruining the show. Spend so much time and detail on the story only to have it jammed down our throats for a finale. Feels like they just want to get it over with. I was cool with expediting things at first, but if someone was to binge this from start to finish they would be in a wtf state when the show just flips a switch into overdrive. Kind of ruins what they have built.

Loses luster when you see shit like Samwell being a maester for six episodes to cure a disease and clean shit then leave. 

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Ok serious question: What is a wight? I realize there is the wight walkers, but I always assumed it was white walkers. (I know, I'm white supremacist, yadda, yadda)

Wights are the dead that are raised by the White Walkers. They are killed by fire

White Walkers are a species of man created by the Children to fight the early men. They have the white hair and piercinging blue eyes. They can only be killed by Valerian steel or dragonglass

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll be honest, they are ruining the show. Spend so much time and detail on the story only to have it jammed down our throats for a finale. Feels like they just want to get it over with. I was cool with expediting things at first, but if someone was to binge this from start to finish they would be in a wtf state when the show just flips a switch into overdrive. Kind of ruins what they have built.

Loses luster when you see shit like Samwell being a maester for six episodes to cure a disease and clean shit then leave. 

I agree with you.  The pacing of everything now just seems incredibly rushed.  They could have easily went into more detail and slowed it down a bit and extended this season to its usual 10 episodes.

With that said, the creators have been saying the last couple years the time commitment and cost of this show has gone from TV show commitment to feature film commitment. They're spending an incredible amount of time and money on this and I'm sure they're ready to move onto or do other things.

They said originally the season was delayed by a few months because of weather issues and there needing to be snow.  But I haven't seen any scenes that involved snow that didn't involve snow in previous seasons.  So I'm wondering if the delay was because of how much time and effort has gone into these episodes and them just needing more time to complete the visual effects and to film the giant scenes that have taken place.

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I remember when it took Sir Beristan Selmey a whole season to travel across the Narrow Sea and find Dennarys Targarian. Now these characters travel back and forth across Westeros in a single episode. 

Sam has spent the better part of 6 boring seasons (for his character) building towards becoming a maester, only to spend ~5 episodes in the citadel. He'll probably cure white walkers in another ~5 episodes.

3 minutes ago, Chimi said:

I agree with you.  The pacing of everything now just seems incredibly rushed.  They could have easily went into more detail and slowed it down a bit and extended this season to its usual 10 episodes.

With that said, the creators have been saying the last couple years the time commitment and cost of this show has gone from TV show commitment to feature film commitment. They're spending an incredible amount of time and money on this and I'm sure they're ready to move onto or do other things.

They said originally the season was delayed by a few months because of weather issues and there needing to be snow.  But I haven't seen any scenes that involved snow that didn't involve snow in previous seasons.  So I'm wondering if the delay was because of how much time and effort has gone into these episodes and them just needing more time to complete the visual effects and to film the giant scenes that have taken place.

I don't really buy the production issues, because it's not the big set pieces that are getting cut, it's the small scenes with just two characters in a room talking that seem to be missing. 

Good point about the delay though. They probably just wanted a few months breather! It's hard to say, but Kings Landing still looks like Kings Landing... though maybe no longer in the summer. I always anticipated the last season being 'the long night' but I'm gona guess that it last one or two episodes tops.

At this pace season 8 is going to be one long money shot compilation.

15 minutes ago, Chimi said:

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I remember when it took Sir Beristan Selmey a whole season to travel across the Narrow Sea and find Dennarys Targarian. Now these characters travel back and forth across Westeros in a single episode. 

Sam has spent the better part of 6 boring seasons (for his character) building towards becoming a maester, only to spend ~5 episodes in the citadel. He'll probably cure white walkers in another ~5 episodes.

@Chimi Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If you already have to go to two more seasons, just fucking do it right instead of going 7 and 7 just to wrap it up. I'm cool with speeding things up for pace, but now they are simply rushing important story and plot lines.

@AngelsLakersFan I'm cool with those time jumps. I don't care to watch some dude on a boat for half a season. I don't even think about it when they do it. They've done it before too where someone is going somewhere and the next time they show that character they are at their destination, none of it has seemed out of place. The main thing is there is no definitive time, so when they hop back to said character it's feasible that x amount of days in the story have passed. But yeah, your second paragraph is what they are doing with everyone. Slow burn and build only to rush a finale. Kind of disappointing.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

@Chimi Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If you already have to go to two more seasons, just fucking do it right instead of going 7 and 7 just to wrap it up. I'm cool with speeding things up for pace, but now they are simply rushing important story and plot lines.

@AngelsLakersFan I'm cool with those time jumps. I don't care to watch some dude on a boat for half a season. I don't even think about it when they do it. They've done it before too where someone is going somewhere and the next time they show that character they are at their destination, none of it has seemed out of place. The main thing is there is no definitive time, so when they hop back to said character it's feasible that x amount of days in the story have passed. But yeah, your second paragraph is what they are doing with everyone. Slow burn and build only to rush a finale. Kind of disappointing.

I actually don't have a problem with it either, it's just indicative of how much the pacing has changed.

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He leaves, unkowingly, as the rightful heir to a throne now that dad and brother were roasted by Daenerys dragon. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to that.

29 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Except for the White Walkers. They have been walking to the wall for 5 seasons yet, and are still not there. Yet, Jon Snow and Sam have been there and back (also on foot), had contact with the White Walkers, been all over Westeros, and still they have yet to reach the wall.