• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussing 6yr extension with Mike Trout - Yahoo

bloodbrother

I don't think Trout's love of hunting is going to impact his decision on staying with the Angels' long term or not. There are plenty of small game hunting areas in California and most big game hunting, from my experience, is done outside of baseball season, so that shouldn't hurt him at all, either.

I like this deal for both sides if we can lock him up after the season starts. Gives us plenty of time to build a winner and gives him the ability to still sign a major contract after.

Thread reminds me of everyone saying Trout wouldn't sign another contract with this team because they were cheap skates and gave him too small of a raise last year.

I can't believe that Trout isn't spiteful enough to pass up a hundred million dollars because he didn't make an extra million last season. Plus they kept moving him between CF and LF (which we all know he hates playing).

Edited by eaterfan

I'm not saying Trout's contract would definitely start this year, but Jeff Passan gave a salary guesstimate breakdown if Trout signed a six year, 150 million dollar contract. This year or in the first year of the contract, he predicted he would get $2 million with a $10 million signing bonus.

Oh ok then. I didn't realize that

I can't believe that Trout isn't spiteful enough to pass up a hundred million dollars because he didn't make an extra million last season. Plus they kept moving him between CF and LF (which we all know he hates playing).

Why would he be spiteful? He was a team player, doing what his manager asked him to do.

He also just went out there and proved that he's worth $150+ million this season by having a great season last year, especially offensively, with literally no protection in the lineup due to injuries and suckage!

If this alleged 6 year deal goes through it won't kick in until 2015 which gives us Trout for at least 9 years in total counting his ROY campaign, 2013 and the 2014 season ahead. I'm hoping if he does leave after 9 years he would have given us nearly a decade of MVP type seasons like his current teammate did for the St. Louis Cardinals before he departed via free agency.

Why? With the arb years accounting for about $48 million plus a bonus of $10 million, that leaves about $92 million for 3 FA years or $30.6 million per year. Is he not worth $30 million/season in his prime FA years?

He's been the best all-round player over the last two years but a lot could happen over the next few years. I think the Angels should wait a least one more year before they break the bank with him.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Is there an opt out clause? A lot can happen in a span of 3 years. Weaver, Hamilton and Wilson will be done, Albert will be 37. This team needs to win because Trout won't want to stay if they don't.

I agree this team has to be a wining strong team by the time his contract is up / a player of his caliber needs to be seeing the postseason somewhat regularly - plus he's not going the hometown discount route we got with Weaver

I don't think Trout's love of hunting is going to impact his decision on staying with the Angels' long term or not. There are plenty of small game hunting areas in California and most big game hunting, from my experience, is done outside of baseball season, so that shouldn't hurt him at all, either.

I like this deal for both sides if we can lock him up after the season starts. Gives us plenty of time to build a winner and gives him the ability to still sign a major contract after.

if he likes to hunt have arte develop the land around the stadium stock it with some deer and elk and let him have at it

He's been the best all-round player over the last two years but a lot could happen over the next few years. I think the Angels should wait a least one more year before they break the bank with him.

If they wait another year, it means they're likely spending more money to keep him less years. He's only going to get more expensive at this point.

It's all great that we're most likely going to get Trout for the extended future, but it would be nice to start WINNING and making the playoffs with him on the team!

Let's get this guy some rings so he's a lifer!

Derek Jeter played in 15 post season games and earned his first championship ring at age 22.