• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussing 6yr extension with Mike Trout - Yahoo

bloodbrother

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 55s

Source: Angels, Mike Trout discussing a six-year contract in $150 million range. News at Yahoo Sports: http://yhoo.it/1fdSQfq

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 16s

Negotiations with Trout, Angels are fluid. A six-year deal would buy out two years of free agency and put him on the market at 28 years old.

Edited by bloodbrother

"The gap between the sides is in the low eight figures, the source said, with the Angels offering a little more than $140 million. Optimism exists that it will be bridged, and it is likely to end up with an average annual value of around $25 million a year, which would smash records for a player with just two-plus years of service time.

Should an agreement fall through, the Angels could renew Trout, as they did last season, and pay him around $1 million for the 2014 season. He would be eligible for free agency following the 2017 season."

"The gap between the sides is in the low eight figures, the source said, with the Angels offering a little more than $140 million. Optimism exists that it will be bridged, and it is likely to end up with an average annual value of around $25 million a year, which would smash records for a player with just two-plus years of service time.

Should an agreement fall through, the Angels could renew Trout, as they did last season, and pay him around $1 million for the 2014 season. He would be eligible for free agency following the 2017 season."

So they are looking at extending him before the season starts it sounds like?  

I think teams are starting to be scared of offering big money contracts to players at the age of 30. I think agents are realizing this and part of the reason Trout wants to be a FA at 28. Sacrificing a little bit in the front end to get a mega-deal at 28 is probably the game-plan.

Gotta think his agent wanted to keep it on the shorter end. Halos could also be looking ahead to the 2nd extension(wher e they really gotta pay him a ton). By that point, they'll have Hamilton, Weav and CJ's contracts off the books. This 6 yr deal gives them a good idea of what to do payroll wise going forward and setting it up to where they can then give Trout the inevitable $30+ mill a year deal he'll get

I think as arbitration numbers go.  Ryan Howard is still the one that got most (for a position player) in bought out arbitration years.  I think it was $15/$19/$20.  

If memory serves me (usually wrong) Lincecum was bought out of one arbitration years at $18 million, with an added $22 million for a second year.  

Kershaw had one year before FA'cy at $4 million but every year after that is $30 million+.

So if you go $5/$17/$19/$21 for the arbitration + 1 years, $30 and $35 for the FA'cy years.  That gets to $127 million, add a $13 million signing and you are at $140.  I don't know if $150 is pushing it, because you really don't want to bloat those arbitration numbers up too much because it will already be the new precedence that every arbitration player will compare themselves to.  

I can't imagine they are going to extend him starting this year.  That just wouldn't make any sense.  They are going to pay him a max of 60mil over the next four years so they are buying those two FA years for 45mil per?  That would actually be pretty silly.  I think they renew him this year and the extension starts next year so it would be buying out 3 FA years meaning that the AAV for those years would be about 30mil.  Add an option year of 35mil with a 10mil buyout and he is locked for 8 years.