• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussing 6yr extension with Mike Trout - Yahoo

bloodbrother

By year six of this deal, Arte can have a " kids named after trout weekend" at the stadium. No way we fit all the little boogers in the gate in just one game. Mike trout is going to make more money than four generations of Trouts can spend. But he has a chance to be Robin Yount. George Brett. Cal Ripkin. Tony Gwynn. Derek Jeter. A HOF player that wins and stays in one city. The attraction of playing at home has to be huge. Especially when teams near jersey have a history of spending money. But I think Trout is a special person that can easily adopt SoCal if we are winning.

His girlfriend and eventual wife is a school teacher in Jersey where they first met years ago.

That said, she absolutely loves So. California. As does Mike Trout.

I'm down with 6 years 150 million (or more, in both years and $$$), but if it's the alleged offer I hope it doesn't kick in until 2015.

Ideal contract in my mind for both sides, starting after 2014, is 8 years/$210 million with an opt out clause for Trout after 6 years.

That's good for both sides.

Plus nothing says that by the beginning of year 6, the Halos can't redo his contract to add more years and money. If this franchise has totally stabilized by the end of the 2010s and is a perennial AL contender with a strong farm system, he may well be ready to stay through his late 30s.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Awesome Claude, so you wouldn't go beyond five years for a 22 year old who is the best in the game?

Contracts with built in performance incentives should be the way of the future. Mike Trout is a great baseball player that I admire both on and off the field but long term 10+ year commitments for Millions of dollars with player controled options are against what I believe in. What if he gets hurt in the 3rd year of his deal and is never the same.

True but by how much? 2 mill over the tax vs 20 mill is two totally different scenarios

I'm not saying Trout's contract would definitely start this year, but Jeff Passan gave a salary guesstimate breakdown if Trout signed a six year, 150 million dollar contract. This year or in the first year of the contract, he predicted he would get $2 million with a $10 million signing bonus.

His girlfriend and eventual wife is a school teacher in Jersey where they first met years ago.

That said, she absolutely loves So. California. As does Mike Trout.

I'm down with 6 years 150 million (or more, in both years and $$$), but if it's the alleged offer I hope it doesn't kick in until 2015.

+1, this. If it doesn't start until 2015, then we have bought out 3 years of FA correct? I'm definitely happy with that scenario. Pay him 1-2 million this year, announce extension after season starts, with signing bonus starting in 2015.