• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Get Capuano or Maholm and another RP

Thing is why would either sign with the Angels unless they were guaranteed a rotation spot or more money than the market is currently offering them?

If they want a one year "pillow" contract they would be best served signing with a team like the Cubs who can guarantee them PT.

I hope he wants to live on the West Coast, because it is a shorter flight back to Japan. I fully expect Arte to go all in on Tanaka, mainly because I think he could see the marketing dollars with Tanaka.

He won't be commuting during the season so distance is meaningless.

He won't be commuting during the season so distance is meaningless.

Speak for yourself lol. There are a couple of days (2 days off) here and there during the season where he may like to take a quick flight back home for a couple of hours to meet some family or something. But I don't think quick flights are in any away a major factor in his decisions.

I could be wrong and he could go to NY, but traveling sucks. I have flown first class or business class to Australia, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland and Canada. Guess what? It still sucks to be in the air that long. Adding five hours is a real thing that can only be avoided by either not playing on the East Coast or not flying home to Japan.

I could be wrong and he could go to NY, but traveling sucks. I have flown first class or business class to Australia, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland and Canada. Guess what? It still sucks to be in the air that long. Adding five hours is a real thing that can only be avoided by either not playing on the East Coast or not flying home to Japan.

Your issue is valid but you know that Tanaka will most likely go to the highest bidder regardless of where that might be. I just read in the MLB traderumors that the A's might be a player for Tanaka. That would hurt if the A's outbid our Angels.

The only way the A's outbid the Angels for Tanaka is if the Angels aren't that interested in him. You are probably right about the highest bidder, but who knows. If I were to rank the likelihood of his landing spot it would go Seattle, New York and then Anaheim.

The only way the A's outbid the Angels for Tanaka is if the Angels aren't that interested in him. You are probably right about the highest bidder, but who knows. If I were to rank the likelihood of his landing spot it would go Seattle, New York and then Anaheim.

I think it's going to be the Yankees IMO. I think both Seattle and our Angels will be content to keep him out of the AL West.

It almost makes too much sense for the Angels to sign him.  But we never see that story anywhere.  It's always the Yankees need him more than anyone.  Right now, the Angels have two starters and a bunch of guys that are going to try and battle it out for three more spots.  Not sure why we're not one of the ones that are looked at as needing Tanaka.

Doggies are "in"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-masahiro-tanaka-20140108,0,7420523.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29#axzz2pqBYTA6G

Tanaka, who is on the radar screens of a number of teams, is represented by Casey Close, who is also the agent for Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke.

“Obviously, Casey and I go back quite a while,” Colletti said.

Colletti described the conversations as preliminary in nature.