• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

I have to think that since Tanaka is having everyone meet him in LA, that it is quite possible that he would prefer to be here, on the West Coast.

Likely has more to do with the fact the rest of the country looks like this about now:

California is the lone exception. Maybe that works in the Angels favor, though.

@JeffFletcherOCR: FWIW, #Angels have no scheduled meeting w/ Tanaka now. Wouldn't read too much into that though. Still expect them involved to some degree.

@JeffFletcherOCR: My impression is #Angels would like to have Tanaka but can't overpay, and that's what may be required to outbid LAD, NYY, etc.

This is why I never believe rumors.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that Tanaka's camp could meet with as many as a dozen by Friday. According to Heyman, the Dodgers, Angels, Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Diamondbacks all have meetings set.

To be fair, I would believe Jeff Fletcher any day over Heyman.

I got it from Dipoto.

That being said. I don't know if John's tweet was after mine, but it's possible they had nothing scheduled when I asked Dipoto and had something scheduled later.

That's why I couched mine that I expected the Angels to be involved regardless of whether anything had officially been scheduled at the time of my tweet.

I got it from Dipoto.

That being said. I don't know if John's tweet was after mine, but it's possible they had nothing scheduled when I asked Dipoto and had something scheduled later.

That's why I couched mine that I expected the Angels to be involved regardless of whether anything had officially been scheduled at the time of my tweet.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports

"There was no official word from any of the teams said to have meetings planned, as it appears this is being taken as a heavily guarded secret. The Angels were originally believed to be on the meeting list, but a source denied that they were."

If you read the link Heyman agrees with you, the Angels have no meeting planned. I wonder if that means they already moved on?

It's playoffs or bust for Dipoto's job it seems. I trust he's doing his hardest to put this this team in the best position to compete this year (and obviously keep his job). Whether the luxury tax is that big of a deal for Moreno or not (from recent signings it seems like it isn't, especially for the ''right'' guy), I still think we offer Tanaka a fair deal and if things get out of hand (and it's getting more and more likely that things will get out of hand) we live to fight another day.

Thing is, if you are Garza and his agent, you aren't signing at all until Tanaka is off the market. Garza would then become the most desirable FA arm left available. He's ahead of Ubaldo and Ervin because he has no draft pick attached to his signing

With Tanaka off the market, that'll create a bigger market for Garza. In the end, even his price may end up getting too ridiculous. I hope the Halos don't end up overpaying for him

This is why I think it's probaby just better to sign Capuano or Maholm or whoever else for a cheap 1yr deal(if possible). Next year's FA market is deep with high end SP. Halos shouldn't be wasting a 5 yr deal on a Garza with the names that'll be available next winter

I'm not so sure the market for Garza is going to be nearly as large... Tanaka is a once a decade siging becasue of his age and "perceived" performance. Many more teams will overpay for that knowing they have a "should be great" pitcher for the next 5-7 years. The likes of Arizona, Chicago's, and others are not going to be "in" on Garza IMHO.