• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

@JeffFletcherOCR: FWIW, #Angels have no scheduled meeting w/ Tanaka now. Wouldn't read too much into that though. Still expect them involved to some degree.

@JeffFletcherOCR: My impression is #Angels would like to have Tanaka but can't overpay, and that's what may be required to outbid LAD, NYY, etc.

Edited by SoWhat

@JeffFletcherOCR: My impression is #Angels would like to have Tanaka but can't overpay, and that's what may be required to outbid LAD, NYY, etc.

Didn't we hear the same thing about Pujols and Hamilton?  The Angels have the money.  It just all depends on how much Arte wants him.

Didn't we hear the same thing about Pujols and Hamilton? The Angels have the money. It just all depends on how much Arte wants him.

If they really wanted him, I'm sure they would've set up a meeting by now. I think they're looking at guys like Hammel and Capuano

Was listening to the local radio hear in North Texas and the rangers are trying to sell the naming rights to their stadium to go after Tanka. That's the speculation anyway.

Evan Grant and Line-4-guy are one-in-the-same.  Grant is an extreme Ranger-homer.  He has no idea what he's talking about.  He speculated that now Choo is on the team, they can really draw a Korean team to sponsor the stadium....to lure a Japanese player?  Doesn't he know the Koreans and Japanese don't like each other very much??

If they really wanted him, I'm sure they would've set up a meeting by now. I think they're looking at guys like Hammel and Capuano

If they wanted those guys, they would have already signed them.  They haven't made other pitching moves because they are interested in Tanaka.

That said, if Tanaka doesn't work out, I'd like to see them sign Garza and Hammel/Capuano.

Evan Grant and Line-4-guy are one-in-the-same. Grant is an extreme Ranger-homer. He has no idea what he's talking about. He speculated that now Choo is on the team, they can really draw a Korean team to sponsor the stadium....to lure a Japanese player? Doesn't he know the Koreans and Japanese don't like each other very much??

My brother blows up Grants and Newburg's twitter account all the time. Calls them out on their homerism.

#DBacks have scout who was teammates with Tanaka in Japan. #Angels exec Hal Morris was teammate of Tanaka’s agent, Casey Close, at Michigan.

Doubt any of it matters, but teams looking for edges. Close negotiated an “out” in Greinke’s deal and had same clause in Kershaw proposal.

Would not be surprised to see similar structure for Tanaka, or perhaps even a huge average salary on a short deal.

Edited by HaloFromVegas