• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Tanaka is probably the only player available that would have the biggest impact right now. We are still in a "win now" mode and the clock is ticking on Pujols, Hamilton and Weaver.

Yup. Need to at least make a really good attempt at getting Tanaka. They can't make the same mistake by not having depth in the rotation like last year.

Yup. Need to at least make a really good attempt at getting Tanaka.

No doubt they will. Ultimately it all comes down to where Tanaka wants to play. I would be shocked if the Yanks don't match any offer.

All Arte can really do is buy Tanaka a nice dinner, show him around the stadium, and make him a good, competitive offer. Then we wait and hope he chooses to play here.

No doubt they will. Ultimately it all comes down to where Tanaka wants to play. I would be shocked if the Yanks don't match any offer.

All Arte can really do is buy Tanaka a nice dinner, show him around the stadium, and make him a good, competitive offer. Then we wait and hope he chooses to play here.

I hope Tanaka likes Mexican food.

I hope he wants to live on the West Coast, because it is a shorter flight back to Japan. I fully expect Arte to go all in on Tanaka, mainly because I think he could see the marketing dollars with Tanaka.

With the already improving AL West combined with the recent improvement of the Dodgers, Tanaka would indeed help our Angels both on and off the field. Tanaka would be a huge signing that could impact the team and the LA market for years to come.

With the already improving AL West combined with the recent improvement of the Dodgers, Tanaka would indeed help our Angels both on and off the field. Tanaka would be a huge signing that could impact the team and the LA market for years to come.

I think we'll know pretty early in the game whether the halos are gonna really try to get him vs. just seeing where the market is at on him.  I could see Arte going 6/120 or 7/130 on him right out of the gate.  If we don't see something early, I think our chances are pretty slim.  Still not sure money will be Tanaka's biggest determining factor. 

• The Yankees are the favorites to get Tanaka, but he would provide such a big boost to the Angels' rotation that he could change the complexion of the AL West if he heads to Anaheim, Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes (on Sulia).

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think we'll know pretty early in the game whether the halos are gonna really try to get him vs. just seeing where the market is at on him.  I could see Arte going 6/120 or 7/130 on him right out of the gate.  If we don't see something early, I think our chances are pretty slim.  Still not sure money will be Tanaka's biggest determining factor. 

Well then, if money doesn't do it, let's get him some women, a beach home, and a new Ferrari.

• The Yankees are the favorites to get Tanaka, but he would provide such a big boost to the Angels' rotation that he could change the complexion of the AL West if he heads to Anaheim, Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes (on Sulia).

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This isn't news. However, I have come to the conclusion that the Yankees will not allow themselves to be outbid for Tanaka's services, so I'm not going to waste time thinking about it. If he comes to Anaheim, great. If not, we need to be prepared to go in another direction.

On January 24. Rumors will say he is close with the Yankees. Then the dodgers, rangers and so on and so on. The websites are not in the meetings and on January 24 we will all know where Tanaka signs. The ones that really care and hate seeing this drag out is pitchers like Garza, Arroyo, Jimenez and Santana because none of them will get an offer before because those same teams want Tanaka first. The more Tanaka does get will drive the price of for the level B pitchers however and make it be true that patience is a value.

Yes, the Angels beat writer confirmed that his signing didn't increase the amount of  Angels tv contract at all. 

Really which Angels beat writer was it? I just find it hard to believe it didn't help the deal at least a little bit. With Tanaka we're talking about advertising dollars and exposing the Angels product to a different market.