• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For you anti-freese/dui people

m0nkey

Pfft.  It's not like he killed anyone.  He only allegedly killed someone.  One year probation, $500 in fines, and a cushy gig on the radio.  Sounds like a fair tradeoff for the life of a mother.

If you read the article, the jury (I know, I know) determined it was the other driver - who was also drunk - that ran the stop sign and caused the accident that killed her.  For once, a drunk hit a drunk.  

Jurors decided Leyritz did not run a red light and cause the crash. Evidence showed that Veitch, a bartender who was also driving drunk before the crash and was not wearing a seat belt, likely ran the light.

that's why he wasn't found guilty of manslaughter. he was then punished as a dui offender. it has absolutely nothing to do with nick adenhart and his memory.

We all have issues of some sort and have gotten away with the same or worse.

I have no problem with this.

Move on! Just as he has with his life for the betterment of all.

I'm not the most PC guy in the world, I hate that society is going all Pollyanna on us... but, I'm not sure pretending it's cool or just another "oopsie" is the right answer.  People who have lost someone to a drunk driver have every right to be put off by a hire like this.  I'm not sure Angels fans who felt the pain of what happened will be cool with it either.  Telling people to "move on" seems a bit cavalier... almost everyone has an issue they draw the line at or feel at their core.  Agree or disagree, people need to respect their right to hold that line.  

It's an odd choice given the Adenhart tragedy.