• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For you anti-freese/dui people

m0nkey

If he had no fault in the matter, as the jury determined, then how did he end up settling a wrongful death lawsuit? I think the lawsuit, which has a lower burden of proof suggests that there was more to the story.

Because settling is a lot cheaper and prudent than going through trial where anything can happen while the bills and fees pile up.

No, they simply acquitted him of a crime.

I find it all hypocritical. If you've never gotten behind the wheel after any amount of alcohol then feel free to voice your displeasure.

He messed up a long time ago. I don't think the dude should be persecuted the rest of his life.

I've never driven drunk, ever.  I don't think that gives me any more right to criticize the guy than someone who has but then I'm not actually criticizing the move so much as I find it a bit curious given the recent history.  I don't think he needs to be raked over the coals or anything but, I respect people's right to hold it against him, particularly if the subject hits home.  Ultimately, they can show their displeasure by not listening.

Are people who ripped into Gallo and wanted that guy put away forever but have no issues with them hiring Leyritz also hypocrites?  Seems that's a two way road.

Edited by Inside Pitch

If he had no fault in the matter, as the jury determined, then how did he end up settling a wrongful death lawsuit? I think the lawsuit, which has a lower burden of proof suggests that there was more to the story.

Not guilty means they couldn't prove without reasonable doubt that he was at fault.... and that's all she wrote.  

There was a lot of contradictory information regarding what happened.   There were reports the woman had not turned her lights on others said they were on.  Some said Leyritiz had run a red light, others say he had the green -- both cops and witnesses agree that he wasn't speeding, but police argued his condition impacted his ability to drive.

FWIW, he was convicted of a DUI. Had she not been drunk herself the jury would have been much more likely to convict him.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I am glad my past is not searchable. I am still able to remember enough of it to not hold myself above anyone else's poor judgement. I am just luckier..not better.

I fall into this category. I did some pretty crazy things when I was younger. I lived (thank goodness) and learned. I'm not going to judge this guy because some lady killed herself into him. As for driving under the influence, he served his punishment and hasn't been in trouble since.

I'll tune in. If he sucks on the air I'll quit listening. I'm not going to be enthralled in some huge moral dilemma over this.

He follows me on Twitter, so there's gotta be some hope for him. I don't know him personally or what he's done off the field, but I imagine he knows a ton about the game and should provide some positive insight into Angels baseball.

At least we'll know where he gets all his wrong information from.