• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ken Rosenthal: Dipoto said they're interested in Matt Garza

Chuck

Active starting pitchers with 7 or more consecutive seasons of sub-4.00 ERA

C.C. Sabathia  2006-2012

Tim Hudson  2007-2013

Roy Halladay  2005-2011

Johan Santana  2002-2010

Felix Hernandez  2007-2013

Adam Wainwright  2006-2013 (did not play in 2011)

Matt Garza  2007-2013

That's all I could find.

Edited by fan_since79

If the Angels want a potentially huge bargain, they should sign Colon. Colon from 2011-2013>Garza from 2011-2013

1/10 with a club option for $10 million would be super. The Angels would be better off doing that than signing Garza.

I absolutely like this idea better than getting Garza. I know the Angels have said they're not really interested but I can't see why they wouldn't be.

I really don't care about the steroid stuff that he dealt with as long as he produces again next year. Offer him a 1 year deal with an option and see what happens.

I absolutely like this idea better than getting Garza. I know the Angels have said they're not really interested but I can't see why they wouldn't be.

I really don't care about the steroid stuff that he dealt with as long as he produces again next year. Offer him a 1 year deal with an option and see what happens.

I am afraid Colon might actually have to be taking steroids to be a good pitcher. Hey if he can take the steroids and not get caught then fine. Otherwise I say no to Colon. 

Garza would be a good consolation prize to not getting Price but I am still under the impression that they want to stay away from big money FA.  We will see.

I think they would wan to as well however Chuck mentioned that Dipoto said he is interested in Garza. Who knows, maybe Mr. Moreno decides to fork over the money. 

If the Angels want a potentially huge bargain, they should sign Colon. Colon from 2011-2013>Garza from 2011-2013

1/10 with a club option for $10 million would be super. The Angels would be better off doing that than signing Garza.

I agree and would prefer a one year deal with Colon over Garza in a multi-year deal, but I'm good either way. Garza is a very good pitcher with the track record and good stuff.

One thing people remember: While the Luxury tax ain't going up until 2017, many small and mid-market teams are going to be getting 26 MILLION more in revenue from MLB. That is going to drive up the cost of middle-tier free agents. $15 Million might seem high for Garza now, but the next three years it would be a relative bargain.

I'd have no problem with the Angels signing Garza for 4/60 or 5/75.  The man is a legit #3.

Weaver

Wison

Garza

Santiago

Richards

That is leaps and bounds better than what the Angels had as a starting rotation last year.  That is a playoff bound starting rotation.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 1m

#Angels are among the clubs talking to Matt Garza. Would slot in behind Weaver and Wilson as a nice No. 3.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 12s

Size of contract is obviously top factor for teams pursuing Garza. But lack of draft pick compensation helps his market.

Edited by bloodbrother