• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

McJobs

i always figured if you planned on making mcdonalds a career then you'd better get into management. if you're 33 and raising a family but still working the fry machine, things have possibly gone very wrong for you or your lack of drive has been exposed. 

i think you could make a decent career for yourself if you got into management or became a franchise owner. a high school or college kid shouldn't expect to be making $15 an hour at a fast food place.

Minimum wage jobs weren't meant to support a family or be a career.  I'd bet most of the people striking have no desire to become a shift manager or work their way up.  They want more money for doing the same amount of work with no desire to put forth the effort to improve their lot in life.  

Racist!

I was on the way home from Vegas a few weeks ago.  I like to stop into this one Del Taco, I think it's the Lenwood one on I-15 near Barstow.  They have the best tacos there of any Del Taco, seriously.  It's a big Del Taco, compared to many of the tiny ones you see around O.C.

Anyway there were A LOT of people working in there.  This was Sunday morning, around 10:30.  There had to be at least 25 people working in that Del Taco.  They all seemed pretty happy to be there, IMO.

I was on the way home from Vegas a few weeks ago.  I like to stop into this one Del Taco, I think it's the Lenwood one on I-15 near Barstow.  They have the best tacos there of any Del Taco, seriously.  It's a big Del Taco, compared to many of the tiny ones you see around O.C.

Anyway there were A LOT of people working in there.  This was Sunday morning, around 10:30.  There had to be at least 25 people working in that Del Taco.  They all seemed pretty happy to be there, IMO.

It's because it's owned (and operated) by the original Del Taco guy.  That place is always packed

Man, I still want one more shift selling DirecTv

That was pretty sick that we seriously tried to grab a day shift gig on a weekend years ago. I was seriously prepared to do a hour long crash course or something to get us up to speed on any changes then really work hard the rest of the day to do well for the dudes company, win our friendly side bet, and see if I could crush whoever was their top sales guys figures for the day.

I never felt like a low life third rate citizen working at a McDonalds through high school and part of college. It was honest work that had it's pay scale and when I felt it could no longer support my needs, even though I had risen to manager, I moved on to a better paying job. But it was just a job and not a career. Even store managers made lower middle class salaries, which for some people was enough.

This is entry level service work and shouldn't warrant any wage better than minimum to start. As mentioned before, rise above if you want to be paid better but don't demand to be paid better than your work is truly worth.

Seems all the decent folks on the board are scared that lowlifes might organize and inconvenience their daily routine with their demands to be raised from third class to second class.

Seems like some folks think that putting time and energy into training, education and experience shouldn't matter and that everyone should be paid the same no matter what they do.

I also never mentioned the minimum wage. Successful or not, why shouldn't they be able to do what generations of workers have done before them? Why are we drawing the line here?

And it's not me putting these small businesses out. It's their corporate overlords who created the current mess.