• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

McJobs

CNBC had a McD's worker on who was part of the strike.  He has been on the job for 6 months and at some point already went into his boss and asked for a raise.  

I find this laughable. I hold an administrative position that requires a degree, a professional license plus years of experience in both the general field and the specific specialty, and I average a raise about once every five years. What I do requires a little more skill than asking "Do you want fries with that?"

Fast food is supposed to be an entry level job that hopefully will instill a work ethic and a desire to rise above it. My first nursing job as an RN paid about $3 per hour less than they are asking for to hawk McRibs.

Kevin: What about you, Greg? What line of work are you in?
Greg: I'm in health care.
Kevin: Yeah, so you know what I'm talking about. There are a lot of Benjamins to be made now with biotech stuff. I don't have to tell you that. How's your portfolio?
Greg: I'd say strong...to quite strong.
Kevin: You gotta strike while the iron's hot. Now's the time.
Jack: Greg's a male nurse.
Greg: That's right. Thank you, Jack.
Kevin: Well, that's great. That's great to give something back like that. I'd love to find time to do volunteer work. Just the other day I saw this golden retriever that-- He had like a gimp, and he couldn't really-- It made me feel terrible. I wish there was something I could do.
Greg: Yeah, well, I get paid, but also it feels, you know, good too. So it's kind of an everybody wins.

And you would be right. Not all RNs are women...

I laughed at that.  Back in my time the Hospital Corpsmen were all guys of course.

It's scary what some of us did to get our 1st job.  At about 12 I wore my best clothes and marched into a clothing store  and landed a big shot job making about $4.00 a day running errands, sweeping  and opening boxes. By the time I was 17  I was the assistant manager.  I was grateful for that job.  Made enough to buy my clothes for school, snacks, then saved enough for a junk car.  I learned more from that job just watching and getting the chance to work.  Little kids don't get that chance anymore.  Well, my neice does but that's different.

Tenn, even in your redneck area of the woods child labor laws exist. Let her go home it has been 12 hours.

What?  Are you saying there's a law like that?  OMG, what's next that kids can't even wear guns in my store?

Actually she's a sweet little blond that begs to dust the furniture.  How you gonna turn down a kid down like that?  She's saving for a horse.  Go figure.

Been doing some more thinking about this unemployment situation.  I just promoted my 14 year old nephew from forklift driver to security guard.  His 45 looks good but the AR-15 is a bit heavy but he'll grow into it.  To take his place on the forklift his 12 year old sister is working out very well.  Glad to do my part to improve this economy.

Been doing some more thinking about this unemployment situation.  I just promoted my 14 year old nephew from forklift driver to security guard.  His 45 looks good but the AR-15 is a bit heavy but he'll grow into it.  To take his place on the forklift his 12 year old sister is working out very well.  Glad to do my part to improve this economy.

that's a lot of security for a guy whose company makes ottomans.

You aren't paying 'em, are you? Don't want to create a sense of entitlement.

TennAngelsFan, on 11 Dec 2013 - 2:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Been doing some more thinking about this unemployment situation. I just promoted my 14 year old nephew from forklift driver to security guard. His 45 looks good but the AR-15 is a bit heavy but he'll grow into it. To take his place on the forklift his 12 year old sister is working out very well. Glad to do my part to improve this economy.

You aren't paying 'em, are you? Don't want to create a sense of entitlement.

Now there you go, I like your thinking.  First thing you know if you pay relatives anything they'll want holidays off.  Days like Christmas, New Years even Sundays now and then.

•