• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

McJobs

I was just reading with interest everyones comments.  I know the McD workers are grateful for any kind of job in our little town.  If they advertised any opening you'd have hundred line up to apply.

This sounds weird but I have a guy in my warehouse  making $10.00 an hour putting together chairs and tables.  He was making around $80,000. as a manager two years ago in one of our factories that closed.  He's a great guy and a heck of a worker.  At his age in our town there is no way he will ever get a good job again.  The jobs just aren't here anymore. Some people simply have to move to where the jobs are.  He was just desperate to have any work at all.  I told him when he started it wasn't much of a job and he wouldn't like it but he does.  I have to run him off to close.

Edited by TennAngelsFan

Ok I am in the same industry as these strikers, and I don't agree with them even a little. How bout you be good at your job and move up . Or go to a place like the company I work with and work your way into management. I have been very fortunate enough to do very well working in the same industry they seem to think are taking them for granted.

Eventually, something's gotta give. This is not limited to the fast food industry. They're just the first and most vocal.These millions will not sit quietly in poverty forever. Saying they aren't trying and aren't willing to put in the work to improve their lives doesn't make it true. It's going to get ugly and everybody will wish they had at least tried to do something about it before the riots broke out.

And who is next? A sleazy lawyer in a black robe has already told a city it's ok to shaft their retirees. The ones who actually put in the work and earned their retirement. Detroit can cry poor and leave thousands without the pensions they were promised but when someone asks for more in-the-moment compensation they are whiners who are too lazy to work their way up from "entry level".

Here's one thing I will add to Arch's defense. I don't know what the profit margins are at a place like McD's, I only know the company I work for. Where I work the food is less expensive and a much higher quality. At that same time our regular associates are compensated at a much higher rate. When you get into management it isn't even a comparison, our managers can make money that would put to shame most careers you can get with a college degree. The reason we can do this is we are a privately owned company that does not have stock holders to answer too. So in Arch's defense, there is wiggle room, but companies like that will never change their principles.

He's got a point. putting money in the middle class circulates and ignites the economy. When people have money they spend more, when they spend more business and the economy as a whole thrives.

to put a McDonalds worker into the middle class you would have to pay them $35 an hour. Edited by Eric Notti

I don't but I could be biased.

what degrees, background, or skill set must one have?

I've never been on monster or any other job website and saw something like "need three years experience" or various credentials to work in fast food.

hell, for most of us it was our first jobs in high school.

to put a McDonalds worker into the middle class you would have to pay them $35 an hour.

true.

I meant in a broad scope and not just these employees. I think $15 an hour is somewhere around 2k a month.

it's been a while since I've seen it, but I think the poverty line is somewhere around 28k-36k a year and may or may not include total household incomes...I don't really remember.

Here's one thing I will add to Arch's defense. I don't know what the profit margins are at a place like McD's, I only know the company I work for. Where I work the food is less expensive and a much higher quality. At that same time our regular associates are compensated at a much higher rate. When you get into management it isn't even a comparison, our managers can make money that would put to shame most careers you can get with a college degree. The reason we can do this is we are a privately owned company that does not have stock holders to answer too. So in Arch's defense, there is wiggle room, but companies like that will never change their principles.

So that's why the white kids work at INO

So that's why the white kids work at INO

Jay, I am not sure how to take this. I'll answer it this way, it is a place that does a pretty good job of looking like the community they are in. One thing you have to be able to do is communicate. So if you struggle with English then you will probably struggle getting a job at INO.

in and out do seem to have an abercrombie and fitch like hiring policy.

Go into my store in Downey and you woudln't say that. Go into my store in Southgate, or Lakewood, or Santa Fe Springs, or Pico Rivera, or Norwalk and you will see that is pretty false. But we do attract a different applicant than say McDonalds.

Been to the In N Out in Baldwin Park off the 10 fwy. The drive through girl had a very difficult time with a pretty simple single burger with no onions and extra pickles. Down the fwy I find extra onions and no pickles. It was pretty much an onion with a hamburger sandwiching it.

Not all of In N Out's associates are all that articulate with the English language but at least she was good looking. The car smelled of raw onions for a week.

Edited by Eric Notti