• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nathan likes Angels, Tigers, Yankees

Scott34

A solid closer helps more than any rotation add that wouldn't cost us the farm.

The pen allowed 243 runs, which is 80 more than in 2002. In more innings yes, but that's why I think they need veteran starters over young guys.

@JimBowdenESPNxm 8m
Joe Nathan told us "I had a quick little text w/ Torii Hunter, he was trying to make sure I keep Detroit in my sights" @tigers #Tigers

Seriously, Torii is the best team promoter in baseball.  The guy needs to move into the front office somewhere when he retires. 

To be fair, he wasn't good at bringing in anyone when he was on the Angels.

I agree. Ernesto was pretty good in the closer role last year. He just had a rough stretch and maybe with a year of experience under his belt he is due for a very solid season

Two horrible stretches, and I don't trust him.

We DESPERATELY need a RELIABLE reliever.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I may regret this if it happens, but I wouldn't mind the Halos opening the wallet for Nathan.

We had issues at closer last year, this would allow Nathan to close and to push Fieri (spelled wrong) to set up and allow the rest of the pen to provide some depth.

Nathan was good for Texas this year in a tough ballpark to pitch in.

I'm a big fan of lock down pens.  Always have been.  I think the way WAR is calculated for relievers is incorrect and makes people think that spending on pens is a bad idea when it may not be. 

if you've got a bunch of young arms in your farm system, then go ahead and let them stock the pen.  When the farm is bare and you are relying on guys like Jepsen and Gutierrez, then spending money on late inning arms provides a legitimate upgrade imo. 

Nathan would be a great pickup for this team. 

I agree. Ernesto was pretty good in the closer role last year. He just had a rough stretch and maybe with a year of experience under his belt he is due for a very solid season

Ernesto has one pitch and he cant even control it 50% of the time. I'm skeptical as having him as a closer again.

there is nothing worse than giving up a lead yet almost nearly as frustrating is when you are built on offense and you turn a 1 or 2 run deficit into a 3-4 run deficit so that offense then has no chance. 

it's a good thing for the astros, because if not for them the halos would have the worst pen in the AL over the past four years. 

Again, I just don't understand the theory of not addressing significant deficiencies of the pen when you don't have internal possibilities.

In real baseball as in fantasy...don't buy saves.

but you're not just buying saves with Nathan - you're buying (based on past numbers) a great WHIP and K/BB ratio, and a guy who has done it for years.  The "don't buy saves" thing is more about guys who have high saves totals because of a lot of opportunities, but who have poor peripherals.  I don't think it applies to Nathan.