• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

Not to be condescending but how oftem hace you competed in competitive sports? Baded on your comments I cant believe you hace much experience.

Um I played soccer, volleyball, football, baseball and golf growing up. Club teams through high school. So yes I know and have played competitive sports.

And not to be condescending either. If you've played competitive sports. A losing record whether a week into the season or a month into a season is a slow start. You hate losing as should the angels and it's fans. Not saying hey well were 10 games back two months into the season. But hey it's still early

Edited by Kevinb

Here we go with the strawman again 

There is no strawman in what I had said. If you have played sports losing one game or 10 games it doesn't matter its a slow start. You want to win every game you play if you have played sports. That is all I had to say. There was nothing strawman about it. 

Edited by mtangelsfan

Back in the 90's the team won early and lost late, which would you prefer?  Regardless, this is really still a complete waste of an argument.  What the standings at the end of the season are is the only thing that matters.  

I am not even arguing about that. I was responding to Storm, and his question if I ever played competitive sports. I would rather win early and win late. 

There is no strawman in what I had said. If you have played sports losing one game or 10 games it doesn't matter its a slow start. You want to win every game you play if you have played sports. That is all I had to say. There was nothing strawman about it. 

I have played sports and no, 1 game and 10 games are not the same thing. Your argument is a strawman because you're arguing against something that isn't being stated by anyone. Of course you want to win every game, but that's ridiculous. Losing 1 game or being 1 game back early is not a slow start. 10 games back early, slow start. No one has said anything about being 10 games back after 2  months is not a slow start or "it's still early" 

Edited by Lifetime

I have played sports and no, 1 game and 10 games are not the same thing. Your argument is a strawman because you're arguing against something that isn't being stated by anyone. Of course you want to win every game, but that's ridiculous. Losing 1 game or being 1 game back early is not a slow start. 10 games back early, slow start. No one has said anything about being 10 games back after 2  months is not a slow start or "it's still early" 

My comment again was in response to Storm's question to me. Not anyone else's comments during the whole thread.

So when are we going to reduce Weavers salary? He was not an ace for us this year, and that money could go to helping the bullpen and giving Trout a fair raise. IMO we should just cut him, starting pitching is the last of our worries.

I assume you're joking. He earned his money, but even if he didn't, there's no way to reduce his salary. The Angels can't even reduce Blantana's salary. Unlike the NFL, a lot of baseball players have guaranteed contracts.