• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As Moreno tells Anaheim he can afford to build his own ballpark, city votes to enter lease talks with him:

Chuck

With the ARTIC going in, that gives Arte plenty of room in the parking lots to develop something.

Good call Chimi. The Platinum Triangle area may look bland and un-inviting right now but it has potential. The zoning for the area has given developers leeway to build a downtown-type setting with a more pedestrian friendly, entertaining atmosphere and with Artic it may be easier to get there other ways than driving.

Much of this depends on the economy though.

http://www.anaheim.net/departmentfolders/planning/PT/Chapter%202%20The%20Platinum%20Triangle%20Vision.pdf

Edited by Lawrence

Good call Chimi. The Platinum Triangle area may look bland and un-inviting right now but it has potential. The zoning for the area has given developers leeway to build a downtown-type setting with a more pedestrian friendly, entertaining atmosphere and with Artic it may be easier to get there other ways than driving.

Much of this depends on the economy though.

http://www.anaheim.net/departmentfolders/planning/PT/Chapter%202%20The%20Platinum%20Triangle%20Vision.pdf

This seems pretty cool. My biggest gripe with the stadium is the area that surrounds it. So the Platinum Triangle and ARTIC could build the area. 

If Moreno wants to build a new stadium I recommend a different location. Orangewood and St. College is crap.

here's the thing about that.

Where the stadium currently is makes it accessible from multiple freeways. That gives people from the IE, south county, LA and north/central OC a better incentive to go to a game rather than watch on tv.

Lets say we move. The only real open land that hasn't been developed would start in Irvine or near there I would assume. Not the end of the world, but the xloser draw for south county residents probably wouldn't offset the loss attendance wise from the LA/north OC crowd.

Anything north of the 405, west of the 55 is off limits at this point. Theres few OC cities auitable for a major sports team. That gives anaheim power. But arte could always move the team to LA or aomething similar, which would give him power.

here's the thing about that.

Where the stadium currently is makes it accessible from multiple freeways. That gives people from the IE, south county, LA and north/central OC a better incentive to go to a game rather than watch on tv.

Lets say we move. The only real open land that hasn't been developed would start in Irvine or near there I would assume. Not the end of the world, but the xloser draw for south county residents probably wouldn't offset the loss attendance wise from the LA/north OC crowd.

Anything north of the 405, west of the 55 is off limits at this point. Theres few OC cities auitable for a major sports team. That gives anaheim power. But arte could always move the team to LA or aomething similar, which would give him power.

I completely agree with your assessment of a move south. There is practically nothing south of the Irvine / Newport area. Sure you got fans from San Juan Capistrano and Mission Viejo who would be more likely to drive north to a game than they are now, but they were already within driving distance. A move south does not bring you closer to any fans, current or potential, and moves you away from the LA market Arte is so enamored with. 

Anaheim will continue to be the best spot for this team. Anything else is a billion dollar risk I don't see paying off.

My preference for the Angels new stadium location:

u50h.jpg

Splash HR's, walk to the beach, rent a party house, two piers nearby, raging 4th of July BBQ's, and perhaps a riot or two if Doug Eddings screws us again.

I like it except for the traffic. 

regardless, NB probably has a noise law that would make games end by 10.

With the amount of money that the CoA is spending on redevelopment of the downtown area and the ARTIC, plus the attempt they made at the Platinum Triangle (there's still hope yet, I think), a potential new stadium on the same property would fit right in with their vision.

The city planners are really going all out to revitalize Anaheim, and so far they are doing a really nice job of it. There are also a LOT of locals who are volunteering time and money to civic programs and events, myself included.

Within the next 5 years, Anaheim will be a serious destination for new families, and young professionals downtown, and will have an improved mass transportation system right next to the stadium.

Whether we get a new stadium or improve the existing one, all while adding some more amenities and businesses to the immediate surrounding area, it would be in the best interest of Arte and the CoA to keep the team in the same spot.

(I'm a native Anaheimian and my enthusiasm for the city's future is certainly affected by my love of Anaheim, but I think what I described is pretty accurate)