• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As Moreno tells Anaheim he can afford to build his own ballpark, city votes to enter lease talks with him:

Chuck

With the amount of money that the CoA is spending on redevelopment of the downtown area and the ARTIC, plus the attempt they made at the Platinum Triangle (there's still hope yet, I think), a potential new stadium on the same property would fit right in with their vision.

The city planners are really going all out to revitalize Anaheim, and so far they are doing a really nice job of it. There are also a LOT of locals who are volunteering time and money to civic programs and events, myself included.

Within the next 5 years, Anaheim will be a serious destination for new families, and young professionals downtown, and will have an improved mass transportation system right next to the stadium.

Whether we get a new stadium or improve the existing one, all while adding some more amenities and businesses to the immediate surrounding area, it would be in the best interest of Arte and the CoA to keep the team in the same spot.

(I'm a native Anaheimian and my enthusiasm for the city's future is certainly affected by my love of Anaheim, but I think what I described is pretty accurate)

I don't think Arte will move the team for the reasons you mentioned and the ease of travel previously discussed. He just wants some land to develop. Anaheim really doesn't have to give it to him but it's probably not worth the hassle to fight him on it. The Angels are a big attraction to the area (80 home games a year). If you are spending the money to develop the area to bring people there the Angels are worth a little investment.

I follow the Charger's stadium situation pretty carefully. They basically made a similar offer to San Diego 10 years ago. San Diego didn't take it and the Chargers are still there. However, there is a constant threat that they will move. Now the Chargers are asking for hundreds of millions (I've seen figures between $200 and $700 million) to build the stadium because costs have gone up.

I'm sure the Great Park in Irvine would be an attractive place to put a stadium.

As an Irvine native I would love for them to be in Irvine but it is farther from LA and not as accessible for a lot of people. I think that is really the one other option for Arte but Anaheim makes much more sense.

For starters, lots of new housing (condos and flats) coupled with monetary incentives from the city to move to the area.

And there are plenty of single family homes within the city as well.

Property values have increased 10-15% in the past year, and are projected to increase by a similar amount within the next year as well.

I don't know how this compares to sureounding cities, but it's encouraging.

One thing that needs to improve, and I don't know how you do it, is the quality of schools (especially elementary schools). There has been continued funding in support of maintaining our police and other public service departments, and encouraging rhetoric on reducing gangs and improving piblic safety in public parks. Maybe that's a start?

Oh, and re: property values, the Mills Act offers excellent incentives for home owners living in historic (read: old) homes to maintain their properties, instead of tearing down or otherwise rennivating them.

The City of Orange offers similar tax breaks and stuff, and look how nice their residential areas look near the circle.

This isn't a new thing, but it helps to keep the city's history intact and I would think improves civic pride.

Move it to La Habra.  It's miles from any freeway, there's no place to build a stadium, but I live in La Habra.

At least that's what I assume the people that want them to move think like.

You could build the stadium on the hill between La Habra and Hacienda Heights.  Imagine the views.  Where is the sarcasm button?

A new stadium at the same location would be amazing.

I think most of us take for granted how easy it is to get to and from the stadium. Whether you live down the street, in north San Diego County, anywhere in Orange County, the Inland Empire, and even LA... going to games is generally an easy task... in a region that lacks solid public transportation.   

I think they'll either renovate or build and implode at the same site.  I'd prefer the latter... and this article makes it seem possible.  Then again, so did the 2013 playoffs.  

I want a new stadium absolutely. It would be way easier for me if they put it in downtown LA in LA Live, but I'd be ok with them building a new stadium in the parking lot. Maybe finally bring the Big A back into the OF. Short porch in RF where balls can land on the 57. Call those "Traffic Shots" or something. Hah.

Either way, they need to build around the stadium more too. Put in a downtown type atmosphere. Tons of bars and restaurants to go pre game at so we aren't limited to OC Sports Grill, Hooters, and The Catch. Give it that SF/SD feel.