• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As Moreno tells Anaheim he can afford to build his own ballpark, city votes to enter lease talks with him:

Chuck

I want a new stadium absolutely. It would be way easier for me if they put it in downtown LA in LA Live, but I'd be ok with them building a new stadium in the parking lot. Maybe finally bring the Big A back into the OF. Short porch in RF where balls can land on the 57. Call those "Traffic Shots" or something. Hah.

Either way, they need to build around the stadium more too. Put in a downtown type atmosphere. Tons of bars and restaurants to go pre game at so we aren't limited to OC Sports Grill, Hooters, and The Catch. Give it that SF/SD feel.

You seem to know a bit about where balls can land.  

I want a new stadium absolutely. It would be way easier for me if they put it in downtown LA in LA Live, but I'd be ok with them building a new stadium in the parking lot. Maybe finally bring the Big A back into the OF. Short porch in RF where balls can land on the 57. Call those "Traffic Shots" or something. Hah.

Either way, they need to build around the stadium more too. Put in a downtown type atmosphere. Tons of bars and restaurants to go pre game at so we aren't limited to OC Sports Grill, Hooters, and The Catch. Give it that SF/SD feel.

Agree with giving it more of an SF feel, I love going to games up there, such a blast!

When I was a kid, Fontana seemed to be a magical place because of the Supershop commercials on the radio, on KLOS.  For me a trip to LA was a rare treat, and I used to hear these commercials for Supershops (automotive racing parts) and at the end of the commercial they'd list their locations and the last words, after a pause, were "and: in Fontana!"  I thought that since they saved it for last it had to be a special place.

Reality is cruel.

When I was a kid, Fontana seemed to be a magical place because of the Supershop commercials on the radio, on KLOS.  For me a trip to LA was a rare treat, and I used to hear these commercials for Supershops (automotive racing parts) and at the end of the commercial they'd list their locations and the last words, after a pause, were "and: in Fontana!"  I thought that since they saved it for last it had to be a special place.

Reality is cruel.

FONTUCKY!!!!

They aren't going anywhere.... Arte will make more money developing the parking lot (which CoA will give him) and doing a remodel of the stadium, then he would moving and building a brand new stadium.

Exactly. I don't think people realize the costs of moving the team and the ROA for the team owner especially when there aren't a lot of cities that can afford to pony up big money for land acquisition and stadium construction. There's nothing wrong with the location and if Arte can swing a favorable deal, he'll get a lot more bang for his buck investing in infrastructure repairs and remodel then developing the surrounding area then he would moving and essentially starting over. 

Exactly. I don't think people realize the costs of moving the team and the ROA for the team owner especially when there aren't a lot of cities that can afford to pony up big money for land acquisition and stadium construction. There's nothing wrong with the location and if Arte can swing a favorable deal, he'll get a lot more bang for his buck investing in infrastructure repairs and remodel then developing the surrounding area then he would moving and essentially starting over. 

There really are few options. But I think the core of Arte's assertion is that he doesn't need a city to throw in a lot of money to build a stadium. There are far more cities with land available than land and money. Add in the accessibility factor and the list is quite small. I think the only options are Industry (The Roski complex) and Irvine. But if I'm Irvine I'm not sure I even want the Angels.

Irvine has made its rep and its money off of three things; its schools, its safety and its family environment. I'm not sure bringing in the Angels helps with any of that. The budget is doing pretty well but what happens when you need to have police working 80 games a year? The fights that inevitably come at any sporting event (the Angels aren't immune to this) won't help the crime stats. Not to mention all the drunk drivers.

Will the Angels bring in enough visitor revenue to offset the costs of infrastructure improvements and the use of more resources or will they have to pull money from funds supposed to go to schools? Irvine doesn't exactly have the downtown scene most of us are clamoring for in Anaheim. If Arte develops the land around the stadium into a fun downtown area is there enough population to support that and the Spectrum (5 minutes away) on the 280 nights a year there isn't a game? I think the Irvine Co. has more political pull in Irvine than Arte does. If Arte doesn't develop the land then what was the point in moving and building a stadium in the first place?

Being a fan since '66 I have always wondered why the area around the Big A hasn't been utilized.Raze the old and erect a new stadium next door! Run the monorail out to it. Maybe build it nearer to the train station.Shopping centers around it. I understand Artie will pay for the new stadium? What better solution than this? Keep our Halos here!