• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As Moreno tells Anaheim he can afford to build his own ballpark, city votes to enter lease talks with him:

Chuck

Anaheim OKs Angels lease talks amid mention of team's ability to move

Council vote pushes stadium lease 'opt out' from 2016 to 2019 and would allow team to drop 'of Anaheim' from name. City consultant tells of owner Arte Moreno's resources to take team to another city.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angels-stadium-20130904,0,272599.story#axzz2dNxJY3K0

So I don't understand the intelligence of the City Council then. 

Moreno has the means to move the team to another city.  So instead of him making that decision in 3 years, or else, he won't be able to do so till after 2030, they extend it, so that he has the ability to do it comfortably in 7 years?   

For the Angels, this is a great deal.  

I guess if moreno can afford to move and build a new stadium, it kind of puts to rest the whole 'they can't afford trout' talk?

I was thinking the same thing.  the potential financial restrictions of recent moves is likely not valid. 

even with pujols and hamilton money escalating, there is money there to spend if necessary. 

I think a move to DTLA would be foolish. In fact any move too far away would be foolish.

LA already has the Dodgers, no matter how hard Art tries the Angels will always be second fiddle in that town, especially if they move there.

The Angels have carved out their base in Anaheim and south Orange County. Are the wealthy season ticket holders from the area going to drive that far north? Is the fan base in this area really going to support the team at the same rate if there is an extra hour travel distance involved? Are people in LA who currently don't support the Dodgers really going to start supporting the Angels?

Arte should build a new NFL / MLB sports complex near the 60fwy & 57fwy. Build it and people will come.

Would be great for IE, and SGV fans.  Would be an absolute nightmare for OC fans.  And that intersection where the 60 and 57 meet is already a design bottleneck.  If they built it there, it would make getting out of Doggie stadium seem like a breeze.

I am actually really happy with this article. It sounds like he isn't really asking for much (if any) money in public funds. He is only asking for land. It has value but at least he's not asking for $200 million or he's going to move somewhere. I'd also love it if Moreno built a new stadium on the parking lot land.

If the Angels can move to LA, why can't the A's move to San Jose?

The Angels and Dodgers share the same territory, Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties. The Dodgers could build a stadium in Fullerton if they really wanted to. The Athletics gave the Giants the right to San Jose back when the Giants for threatening to move in an effort to keep in the bay area.