• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' tense atmosphere nearly included Pujols, Hunter fight in 2012

Scott34

When the decision was made to pursue Vernon Wells from Toronto before the 2011 season, a move Scioscia is said to have endorsed, it was Moreno, one source says, who threatened then-GM Tony Reagins with a firing if Reagins didn't consummate the deal within 24 hours. 

Ugh. What a nightmare. Why even employ a GM if you're not going to listen to him? Shadow GM and Arte-the-not-so-Smarte making all the decisions? I may owe Reagins an apology. 

Ugh. What a nightmare. Why even employ a GM if you're not going to listen to him? Shadow GM and Arte-the-not-so-Smarte making all the decisions? I may owe Reagins an apology. 

It's Arte who makes the final decision not Reagins.   I had more of a porblem with the Haren trade, but that might be more of Arte breathing down Reagins back also.

I seriously doubt he is a stats guy but if you want to add that to your list of reasons to hate him because he hasn't performed go right ahead. It just sounds foolish.

Not blaming him for being a stats guy and thats why he isn't performing. I have never liked Pujols as a player the guy never stepped up as a leader in St Louis never talked to the media. The guy always seemed like he was too good for this. I didn't like the signing here and want him anywhere else but here. I so wish Hunter would have gotten to Pujols. Hunter is jacked Pujols is a fat former steroid or hgh guy with no muscle mass anymore. Hunter would have crushed Pujols. Damn the Angels for signing this jack hole. 

And Bullshit he isn't all about stats. He was hurting the team all year long with his "injury" but when the GM and Manager and Owner all wanted him to sit on the DL for a couple weeks to help the team "win" he said no and wanted to pad his stats albeit crappy stats at that but pad them more. 

This is a non issue. Haven't you ever had disagreements at work, where for a moment things got out of hand? Now factor in that all of your mistakes are shown in the public eye over and over again. These are two opinionated guys that let the frustration of a season get the best of them. I'm willing to bet this happens in every club house over the course of a losing season (sorry no link). If it doesn't I'd almost have to question their competitive nature.

Agreed, these things most likely happen much more often than we think and aren't always bad things.  But what I took from the article is that Torii was the type of guy to confront these issues head on rather than letting them fester.  With him gone, I don't know that I can picture anyone on the team being that guy.  I think part of the problem with the 2013 team is that it's 25 guys all muttering under their breath about one another.

Not blaming him for being a stats guy and thats why he isn't performing. I have never liked Pujols as a player the guy never stepped up as a leader in St Louis never talked to the media. The guy always seemed like he was too good for this. I didn't like the signing here and want him anywhere else but here. I so wish Hunter would have gotten to Pujols. Hunter is jacked Pujols is a fat former steroid or hgh guy with no muscle mass anymore. Hunter would have crushed Pujols. Damn the Angels for signing this jack hole. 

And Bullshit he isn't all about stats. He was hurting the team all year long with his "injury" but when the GM and Manager and Owner all wanted him to sit on the DL for a couple weeks to help the team "win" he said no and wanted to pad his stats albeit crappy stats at that but pad them more. 

Wow what a pile of dung that is kevin. 

I swear many of these writers read the various message boards and then set about writing their articles to play off the emotional arguments of the foot stompers . I sense the BS is strong in this one. Not surprised to see many here run with it though. 

Likewise many on here are probably not surprised you don't believe the article.

I agree with the story therefore it must be true

The story may be all false, who knows.  But what's more likely: Miller getting bad information from his sources or Miller going through message boards and writing stories that will generate the most discussion?

LOL LT is back of course this thread explodes. Pujols is a major tool trying to fight with the Angels clubhouse leader from the last 5 years. I have had it with this guy. Why is LT pretending like everything's fine? This team is a mess, people fighting, scisocia collecting a paycheck, Dipoto bringing in bad pitchers, Butcher making bad pitchers worse, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we get the #1 overall pick next year. Everything is not fine, LT like you say it is. 

Uh, even if the article is true, it says Hunter is the one who charged at Pujols, while Pujols didn't want to get into a fight.

It was then that Hunter, from across the clubhouse, lost it and charged Pujols. Hawkins and outfielder Vernon Wells had to restrain him.

The meeting proceeded from there, and when it was over, tempers still heated, Hunter had to be physically held back a second time from going after Pujols, who is described as wanting no part of the fight.